Home | Reviews | Pedal | Kore

• Adjustable pins
  • Anti freespin O'ring
  • Available in black
  • Available in 9/16"
  • Platform is 4" x 4 1/4"

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Mung the tard

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2013

Strengths:    Love the style and bulky pedals , very grippy even for reef sandals, I do miss the ones from 2007 much bigger bring those back please

Weaknesses:    None love the kore name and product

Bottom Line:
    After 6 years I finally beat the bearings up , and broke down to get another pair , to find out the ones I have are no longer sold 2007 big bulky kore pedals ,,, bring back that 2007 style ,,,, great product,,, do ur self a favor ,,, and try them before u read any negative comments those riders must be used to clickers ???

Submitted by ognee a Weekend Warrior from AZ

Date Reviewed: February 29, 2012

Strengths:    Take a beating. Who needs clip ons? Your shoe sticks like glue.

Weaknesses:    Maybe a little thick, but that is a monor complaint.

Bottom Line:
    If you want to go platforms, this is the pedal. I've tried many, but I think my pedal of choice will continue to be Kore.

Favorite Trail:   anywhere in Sedona

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   Lots

Bike Setup:   Hardtail

Submitted by adam l a Downhiller from bay cal

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2008

Strengths:    loads of grip. lots of pins, and good screw shaped pins that really hold. no issues in the 4 days of riding I used it.

Weaknesses:    too big - too wide - too thick. my bike has a low bb as it is and these pedals would just hit too much shiat.

Bottom Line:
    I could see using these on a bike that had high bb and if you don't mind pretty thick, bmx like, pedals. they sure would be just fine for hardcore dh. in fact w/ my five10s they were almost too much grip.

Favorite Trail:   p-town

Purchased At:   jensonusa

Similar Products Used:   a-frame (though they are smaller and thinner) and many others

Bike Setup:   Canfield F1

Submitted by willy makit a Downhiller from orlando

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2007

Strengths:    big, wide and grippy. They feel solid under your feet

Weaknesses:    slippery when wet and clay is these pedals' worst nightmare... if you ride a lot of clay stay away from these pedals they do not cope well, it will pile up arund the nobbies and makes them innefective you will slip off and crash....you have been warned

Bottom Line:
    great pedals unless you ride where there is a lot of clay... negative chili's for this...

Favorite Trail:   anytrail

Purchased At:   lbs

Similar Products Used:   many over the years

Bike Setup:   Iron Horse yakuza ojiki

Submitted by Jay a Downhiller from SANTA CRUZ!!!!!!

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2007

Strengths:    strong sharp

Bottom Line:
    lots of rocks were i ride and they take it. very grippy and will leave holes on ur shins. im going to get another pair because i just broke one this weekend at very end of magic carpit ROCKY!!!!!!!!! get a set

Favorite Trail:   ucsc all day long

Purchased At:   came on bike

Bike Setup:   SC BULLET, 888 fork, race face. very nice rig

Submitted by Tom a Weekend Warrior from Western Australia

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2005

Strengths:    big, strong and unbelievably grippy

Bottom Line:
    good tough pedal with a heap of grip. handles weight well.

Purchased At:   shop

Bike Setup:   avanti manic

Submitted by Tony a Cross Country Rider from Saginaw,Tx,USA

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2004

Strengths:    Big, strong and hold your feet in place.

Weaknesses:    None yet

Bottom Line:
    I put them on my Haro because they offered a bigger platform for my shoes. They seem to work better than the stock pedals giving me control and stability. Your shoes stays glued in place. I have never tried to call KORE but evertime I have emailed them I always get a response.

Favorite Trail:   Anywhere there is dirt

Purchased At:   from an indivdual

Similar Products Used:   Haro

Bike Setup:   They are on my Haro Backtrail

Submitted by Ahren a Downhiller from Truckee, California

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2004

Strengths:    Big, Grippy, Strong

Weaknesses:    none that I have found

Bottom Line:
    I have had these pedals for 3 years now and they have out lasted all the bikes I have owned. I raced downhill, dual slalom and 4x, as well as 2 trials events on these and I can't kill them! I destroyed 3 sets of cranks with these pedals(Shim XTR/Crap, Raceface Prodigy DH, Truvativ Holzfeller) And still they won't die! I've replaced all the pins except for one, but never even repacked the bearings on these. Every time I think about buying new pedals I just go for a ride and it reminds me that I don't need them. Maybe I never will?

Similar Products Used:   Easton Cully, Atom lab, Brooklyn machine works = OUCH!

Bike Setup:   Sinister Ridge Frame, Sherman, Mavic D321, Hayes

Submitted by wayne martinez a Cross Country Rider from girdwood alaska

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2003

Strengths:    grip and stability, not locked in

Weaknesses:    bearings

Bottom Line:
    these guys grip so well I've given up my eggbeaters. the staility and non-locked in feel makes me wonder why anyone not racing would use clipless. BUT, after only 6 months a dust cap was AOL and the bearings on the right pedal were worn out. this comes after less than 200 miles of riding the neighborhood roads at a 2 mph crawl with my fat dog, a 35 mile ride into Denali Park on an excellent dirt road and one 38 mile ride on Ressurrection Trail. These where sent to ProNet for warrenty repair. I was told this was not covered by the warrenty. To their credit ProNet repaired them- no charge. Thanks Clint. All within a week. With that kind of service you will keep customers buying your products year after year. BUT, if the bearings go out in 6 months I do believe I'll look elsewhere. Thanks again

Favorite Trail:   ressurrection

Similar Products Used:   old xt platform, bearclaw

Bike Setup:   klein palomino race disc, 2003xtr cranks, american classic w/valiantrims and conti tires and carbon fiber goodiesthe

Submitted by bern a Cross Country Rider from Harrisburg

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2002

Strengths:    Best platforms I've ever ridden

Weaknesses:    Is anyone at Kore ever home? No return calls, no one ever answers the phone, bike shops refuse to deal w/ them

Bottom Line:
    I wish I could continue to use them, but it looks like I can't due to unavailability

Submitted by R Strack a Weekend Warrior from Houston

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2002

Strengths:    Huge platform
    Incredible grip
    No damn cleats

Weaknesses:    Scars on the backs of my calves

Bottom Line:
    These pedals are absolutely worth the money. I rode BMX as a kid and after 15+ years of not doing much riding of any kind, started MTB'ing about a year ago. I have resisted the whole cleat thing--that's just not natural. But with the amazing grip of these pedals, my feet never slip when it's important. I've gotten some good scratches on the backs of my calves from these, but that due to my own stupidity and is no fault of the pedals.

Favorite Trail:   Anthills

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   El Crappo aluminum platform

Bike Setup:   4-year-old GT hardtail

Submitted by SAM F a Downhiller from PG, BC, CANADA

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2002

Strengths:    LOTTTSSSS OF PINS
    LARGE PLATFORM
    SMOOTH BEARINGS

Weaknesses:    $$$$$

Bottom Line:
    THESE PEDALS STICK TO YOUR FOOT!!!! ONCE INSTALLED YOUR DAYS OF SLIDING YOUR FOOT OVER ON THE PEDAL ARE OVER THE FOOT MUST BE LIFTED OFF THE PEDAL TO BE MOVED.
    THE NEEDLE BEARINGS ON THE INBORD SIDE ARE HARD TO FIND TO REPLCE BUT SOME GREASE SEEMS TO HELP THM KEEP RUNNING. WHEN I GOT THEM THEY WERE THE BEST I KNEW OF BUT NOW I'M GOING TO UPGRADE TO WOODMAN SPIKY SPIKES (COOL STUFF) BOTTOM LINE THESE PEDALS ARE WORTH THE EXTRA $$$$

Favorite Trail:   SECRET