Home | Reviews | Pedal | Hope

Hope F20 Pedal

Hope F20 Flat Pedals The pedals feature a fully CNC machined platform out of 2014 T6 Aluminium alloy with anodised finish (All 6 Hope colours). The axle is made of high strength Cr-Mo, heat treated and plated. The platform is slightly concave in shape and is supported by one Norglide bush and 3 cartridge bearings in a fully sealed chamber to ensure a long lasting and maintenance free running . The 20 replaceable pins per pedal will provide excellent traction and grip. Hope F20 Flat Pedals Features: Weight: 390g per pair. 20 replaceable steel pins ( Titanium and Aluminium available aftermarket). Buy Hope F20 Flat Pedals from Chain Reaction Cycles, the world's largest online bicycle store.

Submitted by damoN

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2015

Strengths:    Temporarily nice looking, great pin attachment, impressive machining, non-skid surface effective, clears mud well.

Weaknesses:    Shape sucks, spindle weak, after 6 months the bearings are popping, anodizing is simply pathetic and wore off within a few rides.

Bottom Line:
I have been a huge fan of all things Hope for many years (I am a dealer). However, the last several parts I have sold or purchased for my own use have had the crappiest anodizing I have found to date. Yesterday 01/11/15 I snapped my left pedal spindle 3 miles from my truck and with only a nub to work with (.75" of spindle remaining) it was a joyful walk back. Fortunately my riding bro's managed to find, purchase and return with a nice set of plastic turd pedals which got me through the rest of the day. YaY, I promise to never talk sh!t about plastic pedals again.

When I first purchased the F20's I was very impressed but over time they have proven to be uncomfortable, unreliable and certainly not worth their required MSRP. There are many other, significantly less expensive, much more reliable pedals on the market. Steer clear of these.