Home | Reviews | Pedal | DMR

DMR V8 Pedal Pedal

4.08/5 (101 Reviews)

The DMR V8 pedal features a double concave, parallelogram shapeThat provides excellent grip and control. V8 pedals are fitted with loose ball bearings and grease port and include V-lube syringe Item Specifications Material (Spindle) Steel PedalType Platform Weight 520 g Intended Use DH/Freeride Material Allo

Submitted by crazee horse a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2013

Strengths:    good looking, very grippy with flat soled shoes

Weaknesses:    heavy, not enough grease in syringe, my latest set seemed gritty...........

Bottom Line:
am currently on my third pair, and unfortunatley im least happy with these. the bearings seem very gritty, even after id pumped them full of grease, to the point where it came out the seals. (had to buy another tube of grease) the paint is thick and glossy, and to chip it off you need to hit something pretty hard. overall ive been impressed with these in the past but it just seems quality has gone slighlty down hill with my last set. will go v12 magnesium next.

Submitted by sy uk

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2012

Strengths:    Very grippy ,

Weaknesses:    have to grease them yourself no big deal !

Bottom Line:
Wicked pedals , I got them in acid red look sweet , very grippy and reasonably priced !

Submitted by Barheet a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2012

Strengths:    Feet stick to pedals like glue, solid pedals, low price.

Weaknesses:    Need to be greased as soon as they are taken out of the box. No replacement pins included.

Bottom Line:
I wanted to get some new platform pedals for all my XC riding, but didn't want to spend $80+. So, I tried these out and loved them. My feet have not fallen off yet, even going downhill. If my feet ever do fall off, I'm going to have to head to the hospital for some stitches on my shins. I've tried 4 different shoes with these pedals and they've worked well with all of them. I'm not sure I have enough grease in them. A syringe of grease is included in the box. The instructions say to inject the grease until grease comes out near the base, but that never happened with my pedals. So I'll probably need to add more grease pretty soon.

Purchased At:   Pricepoint.com

Submitted by jjmmagoo4

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2012

Strengths:    Really easy to install. Greasing was simple. Really offers a good grip on street sneakers. Awesome price!

Weaknesses:    Still haven't figured out why the consumer needed to grease these? Couldn't they have done that at the factory??? Not enough grease.

Bottom Line:
Overall I am really happy with these pedals. I installed them on my 2012 Trek Mamba. I have big feet(size 13) and my feet feel really comfortable on these pedals. The old pedals I was constantly changing where my feet were on the pedal which made me focus on my footing not biking. Good price for these. I bought the white pedals which look really good on my Mamba.

Submitted by maylath310 a Cross Country Rider from PA, USA

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2011

Strengths:    Price point, easy to grease, some replaceable studs. Smooth bearings.

Weaknesses:    All the studs aren't replaceable. You can pull the pins and tap them if your really want, I don't think that's necessary.

Bottom Line:
Your feet stick to the pedals, I have used these with everything from running shoes to bmx shoes. I use them for daily commuting and XC/AM riding. There is a set screw in the pedal body to re-grease them which doesn't require you to even remove them from the crank. I cant complain about anything, the only thing i could suggest is to remove the replaceable studs and re-install them with Blue Loctite. I have lost all the rear outside corners. Probably a combination of rocks and just getting loose over time. If you don't want to spend a fortune on a set grab these, you wont regret it.

Favorite Trail:   White Clay Creek, DE

Purchased At:   JensonUSA

Similar Products Used:   Welgo stock, Various cage type, Tioga MX pro

Bike Setup:   '08 Fisher Piranha, got these strapped to a SLX two ring.

Submitted by hags707 a Weekend Warrior from Alberta

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2011

Strengths:    Good grip, cost, works good, comes with greese

Weaknesses:    Lost center cap and can't order replacement, needs to be greesed out of box, needs bearing adjustments every now and then

Bottom Line:
Great peddle for the price, recommend

Purchased At:   Lbs

Submitted by lew242 a Weekend Warrior from UK and China

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2010

Strengths:    Grippy, nice pin length, don't spin to fast, so good for jumping tricks. DMR marketing and logos are fashionable and stylish.

Weaknesses:    -The grease supplied with these pedals is insufficient. Pedals come dry and the grease has to be annoyingly injected into the pedal, even though the factory should have done this.

-The pins are a good quality and a very good length, but the non-removable pins are not grippy enough and the four removable pins are not tight enough when the pedal is delivered, pins are also not loctited from factory.

-Body quality is poor, paint chips off easily and when I removed the pins there were signs that the pedal body was beginning to thread, with pieces of metal in the pin threads.

-The metal inside ring and the plastic outer cap fall off or get out of position and the pedal fills up with mud and grease combo.

-Pedals are on the heavier side at 500g without grease.

Bottom Line:
I have to say I'm disappointed, as I've found DMR locdd grips and their Moto Digger and Moto RT tires to be really good.

I couldn't recommend these pedals unless you find them super cheap and you really can't have slippery pedals and are on a really tight budget. Much better to spend an extra $20 and find some good internal bearing type like Superstar Nano Tech or Wellgo MG1. Or even the extra on DMR V12, but I wouldn't bother, as the quality of these don't inspire me about the V12s.

Favorite Trail:   Anywhere worth riding

Purchased At:   Big Peaks, Devon

Similar Products Used:   Wellgo, Exlistar plus others

Bike Setup:   XC/AM

Submitted by bfelper a Weekend Warrior from Longmont, CO, USA

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2010

Strengths:    Cheap and will work fine for a recreational rider who is not serious about performance

Weaknesses:    quality control, one pedal was perfect the other the bearings where just barely passible

Bottom Line:
you get what you pay for,

Favorite Trail:   last one I rode

Purchased At:   Redstone Cyclery

Submitted by dietz31684 a Weekend Warrior from harrisburg, pa

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2010

Strengths:    very sticky

Weaknesses:    none...went with the silver so no paint problems

Bottom Line:
These are the best pedal if you do not want to go clipless. The are very sticky with a pair of DC's. I have not had my foot slip off yet, which happened at least once a ride with my stock pedals. They will hurt bad when my foot does slip of...no doubt about it.

Favorite Trail:   swatara

Purchased At:   jenson

Similar Products Used:   stock, clipless

Bike Setup:   hardtail

Submitted by DIRTY DUCK a Cross Country Rider from Tampa, Florida

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2010

Strengths:    Good grip and platform surface

Weaknesses:    Bearing burnt up after 20 miles
PRICE POINT poor customer service

Bottom Line:
These are the worst pedals I have ever had. Worse than Walmart junk pedals. These pedals have grease fittings in them. Before use, I used the grease provided. After 20 miles they were binding and grinding. Upon disassembly I found burnt bearing and deteriated grease.They were either improperly assembled or weren't greased from the factory.
Returned them to PRICE POINT. **A note about PRICE POINT: It appears their customer service calls are routed to an off shore call facility(Indian?). I e-mailed twice, called 3 times before they finally put me through to someone here in the States. It took two weeks of aggravation to get my credit for the return. I doubt I'll be buying anything else from PRICE POINT. I dread the day I have a warranty issue with my bike I bought from them.

Favorite Trail:   any

Similar Products Used:   Giant mks bks flat pedals

Bike Setup:   Sette Ace

Submitted by JohnyHopkins a Weekend Warrior from Cleveland, Oh

Date Reviewed: October 19, 2009

Strengths:    Everything.

Weaknesses:    Is too grippy a weakness?

Bottom Line:
You can get them cheaper then what I paid for, I went with red pedals to match my bike, and that cost extra. I have tried them before actual purchase. No problems yet, and I dont see one coming. Everybody I know that has pedals has these or are looking to get theses.

Favorite Trail:   West Branch