Home | Reviews | Pedal | Deity

Deity Skyskraper Pedal

Whether you are coming hot off a dirt jump or airing a rock section, serious riders are always striving to scrape the sky. The Deity Skyskraper Pedals feature a 4mm Concave pin design and 10 allen pins per side, for the kind of grip that is...

Submitted by Mike a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2014

Strengths:    Thin so you don't roll the pedal. Grippy as hell with the pins and shoes with 5.10 rubber. Look nice. They just work.

Weaknesses:    Kind of pricey. The pins loosen up and I lost one, but I put some loctite on them and problem solved.

Bottom Line:
I've used Specialized Lo Pro mag II and the Drillium Speedplay. The speedplays are too thick and contribute to rollover when spinning hard. The Lo Pros are nice. But thinness rules the day on platforms, and these are real thin. That plus good pins and you're there.

Ridden them 5 times now, in full-on rock gardens and root fests. Takes a bashing and keeps on mashing. Best pedals I've used. A little pricey (so get 4 chilis on the value), but all of the high-end platforms are that way, Lo pro and drillium included.

I'd buy them again.

Speedplay Drillium

Bike Setup:   Specialized 29er Stumpie FSR Comp

Submitted by Jonathan.Brunet a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2013

Strengths:    Grip, lightweight, good looks, durable platform

Weaknesses:    Pins require a lot of maintenance

Bottom Line:
My Skyscrapers have taken a ton of rock strikes and they're still going strong. My only complaint is that I'm always having to look after the pins. They either snap very easily and have to be replaced, or they come loose and fall out while riding. I could Loc-Tite them in, and I could stop having pedal strikes and solve both problems. On a positive note, the pedal body has always survived the strikes and the grip is OUTSTANDING with a pair of 5-10s. On average, I lose/break 1 pin every ride.

Purchased At:   Bike Bling