Home | Reviews | Pedal | Deity

• Replaceable Cr-mo Pins
  • Super thin profile

Submitted by Andy a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2013

Strengths:    Weight, strength, really thin, really grippy, really cheap

Bottom Line:
Incredible pedal for the price. I don't see myself needing anything else. The weight is down there with the boutique pedals, and like other reviewers have said these things just seem to "shrug" off rock hits without busting pins or even looking terribly scratched. I think there's a tiny bit of flex in there that just saves them, even though you can't feel it with your feet.

Looking at them (Only 6 pins/side) I didn't think they would have as much grip as they do but it's crazy. I ride plain old skate shoes and def don't need more grip. They feel flatter than some other pedals but I ride with the pedal under the arch of my foot so I really don't care. Deity sells a pin kit that is supposed to let you make a concave shape with different length pins if you are concerned about this.

These are also wicked thin if that matters to you. I never really problem with "rolling" a pedal underfoot so I guess I don't really care, but some extra clearance is nice. And I suppose it lets me get my seat a fraction of an inch lower.

There is some drag in the pedal but I like/need this with my style of riding.

Buy 'em! You can't go wrong.

Purchased At:   Road 34 - Fort Colli

Bike Setup:   RFX, 66

Submitted by silentG a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2013

Strengths:    Light, thin, grippy. Rebuild kits available from Deity

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
I replaced my DMR V8 magnesium pedals with Wellgo B-103. The Wellgo were thinner, lighter, and more durable than the Wellgo.

As time went on and my trusty Wellgo were slowly beaten to a pulp I decided to give the Compound a try.

I wasn't sure about a plastic pedal body so I found a pair on Pinkbike in good shape and for less than the Compound goes for new.

After 4 months I have not put my Wellgo back on as the Compound is quite good. Any reservations I had about a plastic pedal body have been put to rest as the pedal slides off rocks and slides through a hit versus the more pronounced hit feeling that an aluminum body pedal provides

These pedals are actually thinner and lighter than my B-103 and the pedal shape under foot is nice. Pedal is very grippy with thinner pins than the B-103 and the grub screws of the DMR V8.

I'm sold on plastic pedals for All Mountain/trail riding here in Arizona. Deity rebuild kits for the pedal is a bonus as well.

Purchased At:   Pinkbike

Similar Products Used:   Wellgo B-103, DMR V8 Mag

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Heckler

Submitted by DOCRIGID a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2012

Strengths:    cheap, light, grippy, and strong

Weaknesses:    haven't found any yet

Bottom Line:
have been riding these on my DJ, and DH bike. the DH bike gets about 20+ days a year so not so much wear and tear. the DJ bike gets sent almost daily. they have held up fantastically. no loss of pins no wearing out of bushings yet. I find them to have great grip with skate shoes, and rediculous grip with sticky sole shoes. the center raised section might take you a day to get used to but I have not found any issues with it.

Favorite Trail:   the garden

Duration Product Used:   1 year plus

Purchased At:   smart bike parts

Similar Products Used:   e13 pedals, plastic bmx pedals.

Bike Setup:   DJ, deity cryptkeeper, profile cranks, tree chainring, thompson stem seatpost, hope rear, dmr rigid fork, deity everything else.
DH(mini) 07 sxtrail, full xo build, vivid w/ti spring, totem, boobars, thompson stem, sdg post/saddle, deemax.

Submitted by SamL3227 a Downhiller from Helena MT

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2012

Strengths:    price, total and for rebuilding them.
weight, at 340g they are down there with alot of high end and expensive options
durability. so far it seems that rocks just slide off, much less damage than i was expecting. and even if i did break one, its an easy/cheep fix.
thinness. going from lopros this was a huge change. very good

Weaknesses:    lack of concave. feels weird, dont see why they couldnt have made them thicker at the ends. but grip w/ 510s is excellent. not too much. but with other shoes they seem somewhat lacking in the grip department
pedal body not tightened totally from box. drive side came loose 2nd ride. after it was tightened no problems since.

Bottom Line:
minus the concave issue i have and the loose pedal these pedals are above and beyond what i thought. i will buy them again. and again if there are not any reasonably priced spindle less(or however they get there) thinner pedals out there by whenever that is.

note: the allen bolt on outside of pedal is just a cover to get into the actual spindle nut. it will just turnover if you try to tighten it. worried me significantly until i just backed it out and realized what was up.

Favorite Trail:   show me the horse trail

Purchased At:   Great Divide Cyclery

Similar Products Used:   specialized lo pros. animal hamiltons

Bike Setup:   05 sxt. totem DHrc2/dhx5air

Different pad compound in same caliper?

I've heard of this being done before but I can't find any info now that I'm looking. One metallic and one resin in the same caliper. Any benefits? Any drawbacks? Thanks!Read More »

Question about Maxxiss 3C compound

I want to try running a DHR rear tire in either the 3C or non 3C compound. From what I understand the 3C tires roll more slowly. What conditions would you use the 3C compound? When would it be justified, for wet conditions or more rocky conditions? When would just use the non 3C compound?Read More »

Question about Maxxiss 3C compound

Rebuild Deity Compound pedals

I have the Nukeproof Electron version of Deity Compound pedals and the spindle on the drive side has come loose. I can tighten the inner end cap to remove the play, but the pedal then doesn't sit flush with the inner part of the spindle. When I tighten it, the inner end cap pushes on the spindle ... Read More »

Maxxis compound rolling resistance - 3C maxx terra vs maxx pro 60a

Looking onto buying new maxxis DHR-II 2.3 3C/EXO/TR front and rear and a bit of concerned about its rolling resistance on the back wheel - how does it comapre to a typical maxx pro 60a tire? Will be using it for enduro racing and alpine trail riding mostly. PS pobably been discussed many times ... Read More »