Crank Brothers Mallet DH/Race Pedal

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Crank Brothers Mallet DH/Race MTB Pedal. Crank Brothers has introduced a new take on the versatile and rugged Mallet pedal. Its ultra-wide CNC Machined Platform with replaceable traction pins provide unmatched stability at any speed. Q-factor is moved 5mm

Submitted by centralcoastkid

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2013

Strengths:    Ok had them for about 5 months now , they take a beating and come out shining with just the usual nicks you would expect but no mechanical issues . No problems clipping in with specialized rime shoes the pegs do need to be turned in to allow you the twist to unclip also riding unclipped you still get traction from the pegs

Weaknesses:    what?

Bottom Line:
overall these are nice looking and tuff, Ive not had a problem with them clipping in when Im not wanting to be clipped in as some others have posted , I only paid a 100 bucks for mine so Im happy .

Submitted by rave81

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2013

Strengths:    Still like glue,

Weaknesses:    Rust easily, cleats worn out very fast thab shimano.

Bottom Line:
I purchased this pedal to replace my shimano xt trail pedals, because when I run over a rock/roots, my shoes always clip-out in xt trail pedals, not with this pedal. It stick like glue on my shoes.

My only complains about this pedal the section that holds the cleat easily when I used 3 day in a roll in a rainy condition. Also the premium cleats doesn't last long compared to shimano cleats.