White Industries VBC Mountain Crankset

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Our VBC, variable bolt circle, mountain crankset is unique and a bit unconventional in that we offer our mountain crankset as a double rather than a triple. One issue with a traditional triple is there tends to be a lot of unnecessary gear overlap. With the VBC mountain crank we have eliminated one ring, made the system a little cleaner and less complex while still giving the rider a suitable gearing solution for off road use. We offer a wide range of gearing options and the rings can be mixed and matched to meet your needs.

Submitted by korbs a Racer from philadelph pa

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2011

Strengths:    Stiff arms, pretty light, looks great, shifting with no problems!

Weaknesses:    Can be a bit on the pricey side

Bottom Line:
Running a 2x9 with WI VBC crankset. Ive had no issues with shifting which was one concern I had. VBC chain rings have held up to numerous beatings. Ive always liked white industries for a number of reasons, unique look and setup.
They also have great customer service. purchased the crank arms privately and ordered the chain rings and bolts through WI. Functionality and looks are an A+ along with their service. Only downside can be the price.

Favorite Trail:   any!

Purchased At:   white industries

Similar Products Used:   race face, shimano xtr, truvativ

Bike Setup:   Soul cycles dillinger 29er 2x9 w/ x0 setup. White industries VCB crankset and Titanium bb
king hubs and HS, fox 32 f29, titec, thomson, wtb tires and wtb valcon saddle

Submitted by dornbox a Cross Country Rider from Maine

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2010

Strengths:    This is for the Single Speed version: Looks! Classic. Light. Stiff. Great all around. Their BB is smooth running and stiff

Weaknesses:    Finish on crank arm. Recommended chain. I prefer to have the option to run lighter/narrower chains on my SS.

Bottom Line:
This is for the Single Speed version: Get em! They're sweet. Absolutly no complaints or regrets. I'll be buying another set.

Favorite Trail:   Bradbury Mnt

Purchased At:   Direct OEM Purchase

Similar Products Used:   Azonic, Shimano, SRAM, TVT, etc. The usuals.

Bike Setup:   DORNBOX Custom steel SS 29er with swinger dropouts. TVT Stylo world cup controls, Spinergy wheels, Paul's levers with Avid BB7's, King Headset.

White Industries VBC Mountain Cranks Question

Quite frankly, I'm just not sure how that is possible. How does a crankset with only one ring have a wider Q factor? And, my stays measure 130mm across. Going with their formula, I should be fine. I have 10mm of space between my NDS chainstay and 15mm between my DS chainstay. Q-factor on my curre ... Read More »