Tune Big Foot Crankset

4.88/5 (8 Reviews)

Tune Big Foot

Submitted by Jesse a Cross Country Rider from Logan, Utah, USA

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2007

Strengths:    Fantastic looks, Excellent performance, Extremely low weight and an overall exceptional product from one of the best smaller companies in the industry. The bottom bracket is the smoothest I have ever used.

Weaknesses:    none experienced at all

Bottom Line:
This review is actually for the Tune Fastfoot crankset and Sixpack bottom bracket. I have absolutely loved this crankset and bottom bracket combo. I have felt absolutely no flex in the arms. I am a lighter rider at about 145lbs. I have had nothing but a great experience with all of the Tune products I have used and this is no exception. The crankset has an absolutely beautiful finish and has been everything I wanted in a very high end crankset. I currently use Extralite chainrings in a 44 32 22 pattern and they also have been fantastic. The crankset has fantastic shifting and is extremely comfortable with plenty of clearance between the arm and your shoes. No rubbing! This has been an annoyance with XTR and XT in my experience. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a high end fantastic crankset. Also please note that Jeremy and Sarah Parfitt at Alchemy Bicycle Works are absolutely fantastic to work with and offer the best service and support I have ever seen.

Favorite Trail:   anything I get to ride

Purchased At:   Alchemy Bicycle Works

Similar Products Used:   XTR, XT, Specialized, Ritchey

Bike Setup:   Bontrager Ti Lite, Tune seatpost and wheelset and soon to be stem and bar ends, Chris King headset, XTR front and rear derailleur, White Brothers Magic 80.

Submitted by martijn a Cross Country Rider from H.I.Ambacht/Holland

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2003

Strengths:    Still going strong, even after severe beating them up:)
They still look like new after extensive use.
Very light
They are stiff for there shape.
They pair up great with my Tune AC38 BB

Weaknesses:    (still)None!

Bottom Line:
These cranks are just perfect!
They are stiff and light, great looking and well made!
I've used them for about 8 months now and almost 5000 km and they still look like new.
Not much to say about this super crankset I guess!

Favorite Trail:   Portes du Soleil/Les Gets

Purchased At:   www.starbike.com

Similar Products Used:   Race Face Turbine (1996 model withe the flower-like replacable spider)

Bike Setup:   Cube Airwing Blackline (custom build), Fox Float RLC100, XT disc brakes, King Disc wheels with Sapim CX-ray spokes, Thomson seat and post and lots of light stuff (lots of Tune)

Submitted by Martijn a Racer from H.I.Ambacht

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2003

Strengths:    Light, stiff, superb finish and good looks

Weaknesses:    NONE!!!

Bottom Line:
Since I broke my old but verry nice Race Face Turbine I had to look for a nice and light but stiff replacement.
I eventualy bought Tune Bigfoot cranks and I love them ever since!
Great crank, good looks, stiff and not to expensive.
What more can you want from a crank???
The perform great and are super stiff, something you wouldn't expect when you see the slim crankarms.
Fits nice and snig to my Tune AC38 botom bracket and pairs up nice with the Tune Plop boltrings.
I use them with TA 44 and 32 teeth chainrings and Tune KT1 chainring-bolts, they weigh 507gr. complete with chainrings and boltset.

Favorite Trail:   Schoorl Noord Holland

Purchased At:   www.Starbike.com

Similar Products Used:   Race Face Turbine model 1996 with replacable flowerlike spider.

Bike Setup:   Cube Airwing Blackline(custom build), XTR, King hubs\X618 ceramic\sapim CX-ray, Thomson post and stem, Selle Italia SLR Evolution Carbon, lots of Tune and other light stuff.

Submitted by yetibuster a Cross Country Rider from germany

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2002

Strengths:    lightweight, durable

Weaknesses:    None yet!

Bottom Line:
No probs at all, lightweight, what else could one say?

Favorite Trail:   XC

Purchased At:   germany

Similar Products Used:   steel crancs

Bike Setup:   G-Zero

Submitted by Erik Trauschke a Cross Country Rider from Dresden, Saxony, Germany

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2002

Strengths:    No flex, VERY!!!! light, nice optic and very durable

Weaknesses:    none (its from tune :-))

Bottom Line:
Best crank I know: no flex, no problems. My crank was treatet hard with many stones, but there was never any problem.

Go out and buy this crank :-)

Favorite Trail:   Singletrails