Truvativ Holzfeller 1.1DH Crankset

Truvativ Holzfeller 1.1 DH Crankset: 1.1 (DH): includes 8/9sp 38t, 4mm thick 7075-T6 alloy DH chainring, steel double-hex chainring bolts, pedal washers, and M12 self-extractor crank/BB bolts.

Submitted by ColorVoyeur a Downhiller from Michigan

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2011

Strengths:    Stiff, tanky, cheap.

Weaknesses:    Installation of crank arms is terrible.

Bottom Line:
I needed something cheap and tough. I'm 250 and less than smooth. I ride a mix of light DH, freeride, and dirt jumps.

This crankset is stiff and seemingly durable.

Only downside was installation. Cups and spacers, no problem. Crank arm install is a nightmare. READ THE DIRECTIONS!!! Left arm first, then drive side. There will be play. Remove, re-grease, re-torque until there is no play. DO THIS AGAIN AND AGAIN. There will be play on the first couple installs, but will go away as you repeat the process. My local shop sent it back to me twice with play in it and I re-installed a few times myself until the play was finally out. Once their set, they're tough. I've slammed some rocks, cased some nice gaps and pushed it as hard as my 55 gear inches will let me and they've been great.

Great value overall, but not the lightest or easiest to install.

Purchased At:   Pricepoint