Truvativ Fire X SS Crankset 07 Oe Crankset

1.5/5 (2 Reviews)

The TruVativ FireX crankset is a strong and smooth spinning crankset that is great for any XC singlespeed bike.

Submitted by TBray9

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2013

Strengths:    Smooth, light, asthetically appealing

Weaknesses:    Weak. Bottom Bracket is even weaker.

Bottom Line:
Bottom Bracket blew up on my fourth ride. Totally normal conditions, with a couple of steep climbs. I felt one hard pop at the top of a steep climb just when I needed the power. Bearings were toast at less than a month old. I began using the Truvativ on my new SS. Maybe they aren't apples to apples, but the SLX I used on my old SS made this crankset and BB seem like cheese. I miss the strenth, durability, and stiffness offered by the Shimano. The truvativ fire x would be a good crankset if the BB were more robust.

Submitted by chick n da woods a Cross Country Rider from pdx or

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2009

Strengths:    Looks good. Stylish

Weaknesses:    Aluminum crank bolts, buyer beware!

Bottom Line:
I have these cranks and while I was out on my ride yesterday I had 3 bolts come off during the ride. We found only one that came of and it was totally threaded. Little flakes of aluminum was coming off as we picked it up off the ground.

Luckily my husband took bolts from his Shimano cranks and let me finish some of the ride. In the end the chain ring was so bent from the chain slipping off that I had to walk the last 2 miles of the ride. Real bummer, Now I need to spend another $30+ for a chain ring and find replacement STEEL bolts for my cranks.

Never would have thought that something like this would happen on my cranks...oh yea all of my other bikes have Shimano or Race Face cranks, company's that do not use aluminum crank bolts.

Purchased At:   on a Bianchi SASS