SRAM X9 2x10 Crankset

No matter what youThrow at it, SRAM X9 keeps coming back for more.The all new X9 family putsThe SRAM 2X10 unrivaled shift speed and smoothness within easy reach of racers and experienced enthusiasts alike. Hollow Forged AL crank arms for lightweight super stiff durability X-Glide ShiftingTechnology New GXP Bottom Bracket System featuring Gutter SealTechnology Fits 68 or 73mm bottom bracket shells Includes crankarms, chainrings and bottom bracket Approximate weight 881 grams

Submitted by jonshonda

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2012

Strengths:    Great looking...shifts easy

Weaknesses:    Chainring making nasty noise ( small ring makes creaking/popping noises/feeling) but big ring is fine....weird

Bottom Line:
I purchased this to replace a wornout crankset on my 09 RH. It has lasted 300 miles, but I have had some issues. I have burnt through 3 GXP bottom brackets in that time, and am thinking either this thing is bent ( it is a good chance as I started out at 308lbs and am now at 260lbs) or something else is going on. I also think that the small chainring is toast, or loose, as I am getting some nasty creaking/popping sounds only on the small ring.

I have upgraded to a Chris King bottom bracket as many reviews have put the GXP bb at the bottom of the list. I should have gone with a DH crank maybe?