Shimano Shimano SLX M660 Crankset 44 32 22 W/BB 175mm Crankset

Shimano SLX M660 Crankset 44-32-22 W/BB 175mm

Submitted by brink

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2012

Strengths:    stiff and durable

Bottom Line:
I got these at blue sky for like $120, look ba on my top fuel no problems after two years

Submitted by James Lee a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2012

Strengths:    Stiff, smooth shifting, easy to install. Long wearing composite middle ring with steel teeth. Middle ring is especially resistant to chain suck compared to truvativ alloy rings. Middle ring also runs with less friction than aluminum ring. These are very nice looking , look better in real life than they do in photos.

Weaknesses:    havent found any yet

Bottom Line:
Cant believe no one has reviewed these popular and excellent cranks.

I have used truvativ stylo cranks for many years. These weigh about the same, but are noticeably better shifting. Replaced with E-13 XC cranks, which are lighter, but these shift better and I cant tell any difference in stiffness, but I only weigh 140 lbs. The slx cranks are now on my hardtail bike. I cant see why you'd get anything other than this, except to save a little weight, which you can hardly notice. Shimano must have no business sense, cant see how they sell XT and XTR cranks.

I will be buying more of these as the price has fallen even more as they phase out 9 speed so I can rock a reliable 9 speed set ups for a good long time. I need durability and reliability more than I need one more gear .

Purchased At:   Blue sky