Race Face Turbine 2x10 Crankset

TheTurbine crank continues Race Faces legendaryTradition forexcellence in aluminum cranks. FeaturingTheir signature I-Beam armprofiling & smooth shifting, made in CanadaTurbine rings.Intended for anything fromTop level XC racingTo aggressive all mountainriding,Turbine continuesTo setThe benchmark for performance aluminumcranks. Arms are carefully engineered using ultra-high strength 7050 aluminum alloyTo maximize strengthTo weight ratio. Aggressive I-Beam profiling minimizes weight while mai

Submitted by western high plains

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2014

Strengths:    i guess it's a crank.

This hunk of $hit has been a PITA since I bought it. I thought it would be a progression of the awesome original turbine cranks that I have been an avid fan of. Nope, not that cool of a crankset (e.g. machining, good looks) nor is it particularly light weight. Went to install a single speed ring on it and it's not 104 bcd, it's a friggin' new size that no one supports hardly - 120 bcd. Glad I got this $hit used off ebay and didn't bolster RF with a sale of this POS. Seriously every step of the way has been difficult in getting this thing to work on my bike.

Bottom Line:
probably OK if it's already installed on your bike. Headaches turn after turn otherwise.

Submitted by Dcluley98 a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2013

Strengths:    Light, Sturdy, Smooth, Durable, Beautiful, great value of performance vs price!

Bottom Line:
These cranks are awesome! I wanted to switch to 2x10 without breaking the bank and getting carbon. I tend to be harsh on my cranks riding on trails with rocks and a low BB, so wanted to stick with aluminum that's beefy enough to take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. These cranks fit the bill in every way. They are light for alloy, stiff as all getout, durable, and look fantastic. Reminds me of the good old days! As RF says on their marketing specs, it's light and fast enough for XC, and durable and strong enough for Trail and AM. Beautifully machined 7050 aircraft aluminum with stiff I beam design, 7075 "badass" chainrings. Came with a really light GXP Bottom Bracket. Installing the BB and Cranks was Easy. BB didn't necessarily look as "robust" as others I have used on bomb-proof build such as CK, but haven't had any issues yet. (and as a wear Item you can always replace with your choice later on). The price is also outstanding given what you get. Could not be happier with this kit!

Purchased At:   online

Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!