Home | Reviews | Crankset | FSA

FSA Comet Chainset MegaExo Crankset

FSA Comet Chainset MegaExo Cranksets - MTB. The Comet MegaExo features cold forged solid crank arms mated to a chromoly steel spindle. It comes complete with a steel MegaExo bottom bracket and CNC finished AL7075 stamped chainrings. Cranks: ? Forged alloy arms ? AL7075 chainrings ? Chromo ....

Submitted by Nurse Ben a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2015

Strengths:    Inexpensive, simple to install, durable, strong

Weaknesses:    Weight, no color choices.

Bottom Line:
I bought these to replace a set of generic Samox OEM cranks. The cranks come complete with BB and chainrings 24/34. I run them as a 2 x 10, though 90% of my riding is in the 24t.

I rode them weekly on dirt and mud through fall 2014, then rode them weekly during a very short snow season, now I'm back to riding them weekly on dirt. I weight 200# and I'm a masher, where we live the trails go straight up, I like to jumping and pinging of rocks, these cranks are bomber.

The BB still spins like new, unaffected by water or dirt. All I have done is spray the cranks off and lube my chain. I have not had any chain skip issues or noticed excessive chain ring wear. Good solid cranks, not blingy like RF, but they are also less expensive, just as strong, and they have a better BB.

Favorite Trail:   Out my back door