FIFTEEN G Fifteen.G OGA Triple Crankset Crankset

The Fifteen.G crankset uses a novel combination of features to provide a class leading value...

Submitted by sean a Racer

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2013

Strengths:    Pretty black finish!

Weaknesses:    Everything else that makes it a workable component.
Lets begin with install: The BB spacers would not line up with my frame (I placed this crank on a VooDoo, then moved it to a Jamis, then moved it to a Salsa) to see if I had frame issues, I did not. After finding thinner spacers I was able to properly set the 68mm spacing I need for frame clearance. Once installed, it looked great and spun fine.
Use: This is where I have issues. After the four ride, thorugh normal MTB terrain the BB made a god awful crunching sound that can only mean one thing...bad bearings. I uninstalled, e-installed, cleaned, lubed, everything three times and to no avail. So I replaced the BB. same thing, but only took two rides.
Service: I contacted Fifteen G via e-mail, phone and snail mail to report my issues and received no response.

Skills: I am a certified mechanic since 1993 (the wonderful package insert states to only have a qualified mech. install or face the consequences for failure...) but I digress. I even took the crank and BB to MY mechanic (who has been wrenching since the wheel was square) and he said it was junk and unsalvageable.

Bottom Line:
Do not buy!!!!!!!!
For the same amount of coin you can get a very comparable FSA, Shim, or Sram that blows this hunk away. The company is non-existant, and would not last through even one good season.

Favorite Trail:   Anything within eyesight of Moab

Duration Product Used:   1 yr

Bike Setup:   VooDoo Wanga 1; Jamis Exile 29'er; Salsa Dos-Niner/Surly fork set up with Dura-ace as a gravel bike, Custom Ti-italiano/campy roadie (I Know, I Know)