WickWerks Mountain Triple Chainring

Standard replacement chainrings for a mountain bike triple (3x9 or 3x10) crank. These are the high-performance WickWerks chainrings made for mountain biking, mountain racing, and doddling around too. They are rock-solid shifting for whenever you're riding.

Submitted by Hartley747

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2013

Strengths:    Super fast, positive shifts. Lasted 2x longer then the X.0 rings they replaced. Excellent product support. Very lightweight. Supported a small business with a superior product.

Weaknesses:    They don't come stock

Bottom Line:
When, after one hard season of riding it came time to replace the OE rings on my X.0 crankset. I looked at all the available options. I first eliminated the Sram/Truvativ rings as they don't tend to last (I replace my chain at least 2x a season fyi) and although I considered the shimano options the wickwerks really intrigued me. The cost difference for the whole set (vs shimano or truvativ) isn't really that great and getting the owner and founder of the company to return my emails sealed the deal.

If your reading this review you are, like me among the few people still running a 3x setup and understand that shifting performance and longevity are a serious concern when you are making the most of a 30 speed drivetrain. Without a doubt the WickWerks are the fastest shifting, longest lasting rings I have ever owned since buying my first mtb back in 1990. When I say long lasting, I mean these rings have seen 5 chains and two XX cassettes for reference.

They are easy to install, lighter then the competition and shift way faster then anything else out there. This is especially relevant in todays world of 36+ points of hub engagement, what's the point if it takes so long to up shift and get back on the power?

I would definitely recommend these as an upgrade to an existing setup or as a replacement for a worn out drivetrain. I wish Chris the best of luck as his business continues to grow and look forward to trying his 2x10 (38x24) setup.