Home | Reviews | Chain | SRAM

SRAM PC-38 (8 speed) Chain

Weight : N/A

Smooth 7 and 8-speed shifting at an affordable price. Solid proven technology to quietly change gears without hassle or rattle.

Submitted by jeremy a Weekend Warrior from fort wayne

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2003

Strengths:    This chain seemed to work great, however, that was only on the roads. Shifted nice, etc.

Weaknesses:    Broke the first time I took it onto the trails. I can't knock it too much, it was pretty muddy. It looked like a clean break, maybe I jammed a rock between the sprocket and the chain causing a link to pop. But the sprocket looks good.

Bottom Line:
I understand that a chain is a chain and that they all break, but I didn't expect it on my first trail ride with the bike. I suppose that it pays to put money into the things that keep you going. Thought of that on the walk out.