Home | Reviews | Chain | Gusset

Gusset Slink Chain

Weight : 360/474 g MSRP : $29.99

Gusset Slink Chain Black: Made entirely from half links, great for Single Speed. Square riveted pins and heat treated SCM steel plates with breaking strength of 1300Kgf (Standard chain is approximately 850 Kgf). Grind friendly straight outer plate edges are slotted to reduce weight. Packaged in a round tin box.

Submitted by Howard White

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2015

Strengths:    Looks cool, probably will never break.

Weaknesses:    IT NEVER STOPS STRETCHING! Lasted 3-400 miles before it was stretched out of spec.

Bottom Line:
I bought this chain (not the painted one, give me a break) for my single speed build. 1/2'" x 1/8". It comes in a nice tin, which is actually a shoe polish tin, but who cares. The chain looks awesome and gets compliments and questions wherever I ride. That's where the positives end. First off, extremely difficult to install with a normal chain tool. The connecting pin is a weird screw-on extension that promptly broke upon attempting installation. I finally figured out a way to press in another pin and complete the install. I was expecting some chain stretch, but this is ridiculous! Over the course of appx 550 miles I have had to tighten my chain at least two dozen times and had to remove another link completely. It has completely stretch out of specs and started destroying my Pauls chainring. THIS CHAIN IS GARBAGE! It will keep stretching due to the design in which the individual links are trying to straighten themselves. Don't waste your money on this junk, unless you plan on replacing it with a new chain every 3-400 miles. For what it's worth, I am running 32-21 and weigh 175#.

Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!