Wicked Racin DualRailleur Chain Accessories

The new front Dualrailleur Guide is a must have for the Freeriding/Black Diamond enthusiast. The Dualrailleur is the first and only guide on the market to provide the precision of a single ring guide while allowing the rider to shift between two front chain rings. When you purchase the Dualrailleur you will have the benefit of a downhill guide AND the ability to shift to the small ring for easier climbing. The guide has been developed for and includes a Shimano XT FD-M760 Front Derailleur.

Submitted by Tom a Racer from www.Phillymtb.com

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2008

Strengths:    Does what it's suppose to do and works great. Looks good. Customer service is some of the best I've seen anywhere.

Weaknesses:    Setup can take some tweaking. It helps if you're an experienced mechanic.

Bottom Line:
Mark at Wickedracin is one of the best around. If his product does not blow you away his customer service will. This guide works great and I highly recommend it. I've been beating the crap out of mine and the only problem I had was with bolts loosening up, which some locktite was able to cure. Thanks Mark.

www.phillymtb.com

Favorite Trail:   www.phillymtb.com

Purchased At:   From Mark

Bike Setup:   Nomad 24/36/Bash Xtype Atlas.

Submitted by Joe Etzkorn a Downhiller from Spearfish, SD

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2008

Strengths:    The WDG beats all other devices I've played with hands down. I got sick of doubles and losing the chain so I just ran a single mrp or e13 and geared it small so I could climb but lost some top end speed. Installion was no harder than any other guide and/or drlr. Plus it looks dope, can't wait for the matching bash guards to come out!!! No lost chains!!!!!!!

Weaknesses:    Not much, directions were good, got all the parts I needed included. Fine tuning is easily done and any shop should be able to help if needed.

Bottom Line:
I would highly recommend this to anyone, not even just DH and FR. I rarely use the big ring on my giant so now I have the security of a guide and bashguard. One less thing to worry about on the trail. I can't believe someone didn't think of this earlier and I can't believe how few people know about it. I tell everyone I know about it and you should to. See you on the trail!!

Favorite Trail:   they're mine all mine

Purchased At:   Mark the Man

Similar Products Used:   mrp long range, e13 srs, mrp single, and too many other crappy ones to name.

Bike Setup:   trance x, pike, thomson, fsa, xt cranks, Wicked DG...30.9 lbs, with new wheels soon.

Submitted by Kelly a Downhiller from SF Bay Area

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2008

Strengths:    Keeps the chain on the rings, no matter what happens.

Weaknesses:    Takes a bit to setup, but is worth it.

Bottom Line:
This product absolutely ROCKS. In places where I would ALWAYS drop a chain due to the rough terrain, this Dualrailleur, keeps the chain on and allows me to keep peddling. It is worth the money.

If you are a serious Freerider/Downhiller and want to run two rings up front in order to pedal up to some of your favorite killer drops, instead of pushing your 40lb+ bike, this derailleur/Dualrailleur is for you.

I can't wait to get this new setup to Fromme this summer.

Favorite Trail:   Dirt Merchant, Anything Seymour

Purchased At:   Locally

Similar Products Used:   I've own several different roller-only chainguides before the Dualrailleur.

Bike Setup:   Demo 8 w/ Fox DHX, Fox 40,

Submitted by Mattt a Downhiller from Bay Area, CA

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2007

Strengths:    It stops all chain drops or skipping. it can take anything you through at. doesn't way to much. allows you to have confidence in shifting.

Weaknesses:    the only hard part is putting it on. which Mark is willing to do or help with any problems

Bottom Line:
This thing is built and works perfectly for its job. No flaws. You will be able to shift with utter confidence and not have to worry when your bomben double blacks with it. the chain stays were you want it.

Favorite Trail:   anything with flow

Purchased At:   from mark

Similar Products Used:   no other things on the market like it

Bike Setup:   Yeti AS-X. stock Sram shifters

Submitted by Rod a Downhiller from Park City, UT

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2007

Strengths:    It works damn well. I'm not sure how everyone else with a vpFree is able to run a DRS or similar system because I kept hitting it on rocks and it would swing up and pinch my chain. I guess they don't ride on the east coast.

Weaknesses:    Not the sexiest thing to bolt on a bike and I had to grind it down quite a bit to fit my bike (vpfree). Talked to the man and the new one is supposed to have sufficient clearence. There is only clearence for a 34 tooth but wicked can apparently make a custom if you want to rock a larger ring

Bottom Line:
Way sweet and a great solution to a seriously annoying problem. Plus I am only running the derailler part, but the guide plate/chain tensioner looks great so I'm saving it for another bike. I cant think of any other alterntive for vpfree owners save going to a single ring. Just be aware it may take a bit of fiddling. BTW customer service if top notch.

I would give it four chilis because of the pain-in-the-ass of getting it to fit but it works so well now that I got it sorted I have to give it five.

Favorite Trail:   Still looking

Purchased At:   through the website

Similar Products Used:   e13 drs - crap but I was warned by e13 that vpp have low chainstays,making it hard to keep the guide from getting knocked upward and pinching the chain. They were right.

Bike Setup:   vpFree with xt 22/34 and two spacers on the drive side (admittedly a bit suboptimal but I blame SC for putting a 73mm shell on a bike with a 150mm rear axle

Submitted by Josh D a Downhiller from Los Gatos, CA USA

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2007

Strengths:    Aside from the fact that this thing just looks sweet on my rig, this is one of the best products to hit the bike industry since the saddle. Strong, light, well designed and works!!!

Weaknesses:    Haven't noticed anything yet

Bottom Line:
I used E-Thirteen for a while but was constantly making adjustments and the tensioner wheel would freeze up ALOT. This prod is so well thought out and stout that I really don't even have to think about it. I get more comments about it than anything else on the rig which makes my head feel nice and big. Bottom line - get one of these puppies!!!

Favorite Trail:   Me to know, you...

Purchased At:   www.wickedracin.com

Similar Products Used:   E-thirteen

Bike Setup:   Bullit, wheels, and other things that allow me to hurl myself threw the air.

Submitted by Mario Cristiani a Downhiller from San Jose

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2007

Strengths:    The guide controls the chain and there seems to be no way to drop a chain, at lease I haven't sense installing, even in crashes. chain no longer jumps between front gears. and doesn't drop off the middle ring like with my old dualring system.

Weaknesses:    still waiting to find....

Bottom Line:
I used to have issues with the chain dropping and sometimes getting jammed in knurly rock gardens and once and awhile when I would crash. That is no longer a issue. Its like have a single ring guide but I still have a granny.

Favorite Trail:   Santa Cruz