Straitline Silent Guide Chain Accessories

DesignedTo be light, rugged and maintenance free. Virtually silent dueTo our proprietary elastomeric guides. 100% machined from solid 7075T6 aluminum Approximate weight 205 grams (include bash ring and hardware) Very easyTo set up Virtually silent Laser etched

Submitted by norbar a Downhiller from Warsaw, Poland

Date Reviewed: October 19, 2011

Strengths:    Durability, Weight, Silence, Looks, Ease of setup, EVERYTHING!

Bottom Line:
It never cloggs with mud, is durable as hell and silent. The sliders wear very little. It's the best guide on the market and it's only a few g heavier than an lg1+ but with a full bash! I managed to rip half of my bolts 2 times but the chainring stays true and even with half of the bolts gone I had no problems with my chain falling off. I have a very low bb and I used to ride with way too much sag (close to 50% due to me forgeting to change a spring before a 2 week trip to morzine) It's the best chainguide ever.

Favorite Trail:   Maribor WC DH track

Purchased At:   haibike

Similar Products Used:   MRP G2, Lapierre chain guide, roox roller coaster

Bike Setup:   Banshee Legend, Boxxer World cup, Stans/823/hope wheels, saint brakes

Submitted by noeffectx a Weekend Warrior from New York, NY

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2011

Strengths:    no moving parts, easy to install, and light.

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
It works, easy to install, no moving parts, durable, and light.
My Giant Reign SX 2011, came with MRP Mini G2 chain guide and I smashed the bottom plate right away after hitting a rock on my local trail (Sprainridge Park. Yonkers, NY). The Straitline Chain Guide w/ Bash Guard combo feels a lot more rock solid (Aluminum) than the plasticky MRP Mini G2.

Heres what it looks like on my bike - http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6069/6061128548_927ec79f83_z.jpg

Favorite Trail:   Sprainridge Park