Shift Biscuits Der Pulleys Chain Accessories

Shift Biscuits Der Pulleys

Submitted by Doug a racer from Ft. Collins, CO

Date Reviewed: November 24, 1997

Bottom Line:

I bought the shift biscuits after my 2 year old XT pulleys quit turning. They were a little tricky to set up with the extra washers (I used thick grease to hold them in place) but they work very well. The upper lubricant impregnated brass bushing does need to be lubed occasionly. Overall they have worked as well as the shimano's and I expect them to last just as long. And they come in cool colors:-)

Submitted by Jerome a racer from Canada

Date Reviewed: October 2, 1997

Bottom Line:

I have been riding on these for a season after the stock XTR ones wore out. Granted they look cool, sound cool, and don't attract as much grunge but the upper one does not float as freely as the stock shimano. Not worth the 30 bucks they cost up here in Canada.

Submitted by Steve Agocs a cross-country rider from Iowa

Date Reviewed: September 30, 1997

Bottom Line:

I put a set of Shift Biscuits derailleur pulleys on my MTB just because they were laying around with no home. I use an STX rear der. with Suntour XC Pro hub/cassette, Grip Shift, and Shimano HG chain (it actuallt works REALLY good!). Anyway, I noticed absolutely no change in shifting. They were moderately tricky to set up (required a lot of washers and spacers), but not too bad. They looked cool for a while, but actually seem to collect more grit and mud than the stock Shimano plastic ones. If I had to pay for these, I would've been disappointed since they really don't do anything or even look cool. Since they were free, and don't work poorly, though, I'll give them a nice rating!