MRP Mini G2 SL Chain Guide Chain Accessories

2.5/5 (4 Reviews)

The all new Mini G2 SL is stronger, easierTo set up, and30% lighterThan its predecessor. FromTheTopToThe bottom, it has been redesigned. A more compact, lower profile upper guide reducesnoise from chain slap while improving fit on bikesThat haveTightclearanceTolerances with frame members. Patented integrated skid plate design 5mmThick cnc Boomerang with weight optimized reliefs Derailleur cage style upper guide providing full chain enclosure

Submitted by mtec a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2013

Strengths:    I'm sure the bash slide works well.

Weaknesses:    I dropped my chain on a smooth gravel doubletrack twice in an XC race - that's never happened before.
Not only that, but when it drops it jams itself between the chainring and bash slide thing, so I actually had to undo the power link to get the chain out.
Only cost me about 30 places in the race.

And why so expensive?

Bottom Line:
Back to the Blackspire Stinger and a real bash guard, never dropped a chain even on Whistler DHs.
This thing is overpriced and terrible execution of what is in theory a pretty solid concept.

Purchased At:   Universal Cycles

Submitted by proraptor a All Mountain Rider from anaheim, ca

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2012

Strengths:    Looks strong and the quality is good. Not much drag or noise as of yet.

Weaknesses:    kind of pricey

Bottom Line:
Just got this unit and installed it on my bike cause the chain kept falling off on drops/jumps/DH. This chainguide was highly recommended by a couple socal DH'ers that I trust so I went with it. Installation was easy and the tech tuesday article helped a lot. My carbon nomad didnt need any spacers behind the plate. Went on really easy with my SLX cranks and raceface chainring.

Im going to test it this week/weekend and Im sure it will work just fine just looking at how beefy it is and how its engineered. Some of the other reviewers mentioned parts falling off? I used blue loctite on al the hardware so no parts will fall off and Im not planning on goin out of my way to smash into rocks to try and break the bashguard. Im sure it will folw up just fine.

Favorite Trail:   sycamore

Bike Setup:   Nomad Carbon

Submitted by methcohna a Downhiller from Cumbria

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2011

Strengths:    When the bit fall of you can use them to put under wobbly table legs.

Weaknesses:    Just falls apart if you even look at it, incredibly noisy, fair amount of drag.

Bottom Line:
Me and a mate bought two scratch 9's at the same time, on our second ride my lower guide broke, on our third ride my upper and both my mates broke. After a ball ache we had the guides replaced under warranty. Today My lower guide snapped off on a XC grassy decent. This is the most useless piece of equipment I've owned. I am really disappointed after spending £3500 on my bike and having so much off the bike time due to a shoddy component.

Bottom line: If you really hate someone, buy them this for Christmas!

Favorite Trail:   Matador