MRP Basher Bash Guard Chain Accessories

MRP Basher Ring Max-34t: Basher ring constructed from 5mm anodized aluminum with laser etched graphics. 4-bolt, 104mm BCD only.

Submitted by Mike Kelso a Downhiller from Billings, MT

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2004

Strengths:    Looks cool.. Does what it is intended to do, protect my chain ring, hasnt failed at that yet.

Weaknesses:    I had to grind a large portion to fit my Truvative crank arms. Also could be a little stronger, hit is fairly hard once and it was pushed into the chain. After I bent it back it holds for a few months, but if you hit anything again it starts to bend back in.

Bottom Line:
It works.. just dont hit anything too hard.

Purchased At:   The Stroke Shop (err.. Spoke Shop)

Bike Setup:   03 Specialized P.1 with Avid mechanical disk (8 inch in front, 6 in back) Avid FMJ, Maxxis Minion tires (2.35) Marzocchi DJ3 with QR20.

Submitted by Jeff from Pa

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2001

Strengths:    super thick, strong, Looks amazing on my stinky deelux, And so does the mrp sticker i put on the frame.

Weaknesses:    I had to grind a huge portion away so it would clear my crank arm so i could bolt it on. I have race face cranks and they are way to beefy to fit the bash ring over.

Bottom Line:
Now that i got the thing on my bike i am very pleased with it. I guess i could of just sent it back and got the race face one and not had to do all the messing around but i like the MRP silver. I seriously had to grind away a big chunk to get this thing on. So if you have race face cranks and you dont want to fool around with a grinder for about an hour, id stick to the race face one. but MRP still kicks ass. I'll give it a 5 for value and only a 3 for overall cuz they didnt warn me about this.

Favorite Trail:   anything fast