e*thirteen XCX-ST Chain Accessories

• Chainline adjustment: 50-53mm
  • Seat tube diameter: 28.6, 31.8, 34.9

Submitted by wvwes a Cross Country Rider from Oak Hill, WV, USA

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2011

Strengths:    This thing simply works! Minimal, light weight...it works where my N-Gear Jump Stop failed. Also, much quieter!

Weaknesses:    Required some minor tuning with my dremel, but no big deal

Bottom Line:
This was one of the best buys I've ever made!

Favorite Trail:   Craig's Branch Stacked Loop

Purchased At:   JensonUSA

Similar Products Used:   N-Gear Jump Stop

Bike Setup:   Scott Scale 50, 1x9, Race Face Deuce SS crank, Fox RLC, Hope hubs/Spank Oozy rims

Submitted by htfu_aaron a Racer from St. Louis, MO

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2011

Strengths:    Light, good looking, adjustable

Weaknesses:    Expensive

Bottom Line:
I choose this as insurance on my 1x9 Stumpy XC race bike because it is now spec'd on the 2011 Stumpjumper EVO R. It takes a bit of care to adjust for chainline with the shims included but otherwise very user friendly. I have a little cage rub in my biggest cog but I think that's inherent in the chainguide idea and have heard similar reports from the MRP chainguide; it annoyed me in the stand but out on the trail I can't hear it/wouldn't know it.

I rode it yesterday in a lot of snow where losing traction caused a lot of the bike jerking back and forth, falling sharply to one side, basically a lot of situations that I expected to test the XCX. In similiar situations with my triple I dropped the chain guite often; the XCX performed flawlessly. The snow accumluating at the seattube/BB junction didn't bother the drivetrain in the least. I didn't drop chain once and had no indication that I "almost" dropped.

It's a little on the expensive side, hence the 4 chili rating, but it's a very nice looking piece and has performed flawlessly. I'm giving big props to e.thirteen for making a version that works on bikes with pressfit/BB30.

Purchased At:   Pricepoint