e*thirteen LG1+ Turbo Chain Guide Chain Accessories

NULL

Submitted by TRY2KPUP a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2014

Strengths:    Looks good.

Weaknesses:    Brittle plastic, poor design.

Bottom Line:
I bought this guide to go with my lg1+ cranks and peddals (which, unlike this, are great) on my 2013 demo 8 build. And unlike the plain lg1+ guide, this one does work with the frame due to the design if the upper guide. But that's where the good things end.

I got the 36-40t option and noticed right a way that the bash ring will NOT work with the guide set up in anything under the 40t configuration.... The upper and lower guides are made to run "surrounding" the bash ring. Once you bring them in (to say 38t, which I'm running), they will come into contact with the bash ring.... Well at least the top one does... Because despite the displayed chain ring size options for the lower roller guide, you CAN'T adjust it. There is a mass of plastic in front of the roller preventing it from moving forward.... I suppose you could drimmle this out to fix this huge mess up.

Last but not least, after only one day of use (without the bash ring of course) there is a massive crack in the plastic that holds the lower roller on (the built in bash guard).
I with be calling ethirteen to try and get my money back for this embarrassing product.

Duration Product Used:   1 day.