DMR Speed Guide Chain Accessories

· Designed to work with a single chainring - adjustable from 36t - 52t
· The upper chainguide has high-density polyethylene 'runners' & the lower arm has a dmr bicycles polyurethane pulley, guiding the chain off the chainwheel.
· The lower guide features a free running pu pulley, which is adjusted up to the chainwheel to keep the chain 'locked on'.
· BB mounted & fully adjustable to fit most bikes.
· Made in the UK from CNC laser cut stainless steel.
· Available in 3 different sizes for the hinged clamp that goes around the seat tube: Ø28.6mm, Ø31.8mm or Ø34.9mm. Spare clamps are available (£1-50 each)
· Also available to fit bmx bb shells
· brushed stainless steel finish & stainless steel hardware

Submitted by G-Mac McIntyre a Downhiller from England

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2007

Strengths:    Cheap, reliable- once set up correctly by some who knows what they are doing.

Weaknesses:    Fiddly to set up. Doesn't have the brand ethos of some other guides (only a problem if you're up your own arse).

Bottom Line:
To be honest I bought this as a temporary measure, until I could afford something 'better' but since then it has won me over. I have had this guide for over 3 years and used it on a fully rigid bike, a hartail and a full suspension bike. It can take a while to set it up but if you follow the instructions to the letter and don't get ahead of yourself, then like me you should have quiet trouble free riding. Seriously, it has been rode and raced downhill hard and has not dropped the the chain once in over 3 years on the back of 12 years racing experience and has out lasted some of the more popular, over hyped guides on the market.
An added advantage is that it doesn't hang down lower than the chainring and therefore is tucked up out of the way of potential impacts, that said if it is damaged, the stainless steel construction is easier to to bend back in to shape than alloy, but is it pretty solid in the first place despite it's slender looks.
This guide has been solid and reliable all of the time I have used it on all of the bike set-ups I have applied it to. It really has been one of those rare 'fit and forget' components. It has proved more reliable than the MRP I have on my downhill bike, at a fraction of the the cost and way more reliable than any of the various Mr. Dirt guides that have let me down in the past.
I would recommend it to others and I would buy another for my downhill bike. All in all a very under rated product.
The only reason I'm not giving it 5 chillis for overall is that some people may find the set up frustrating, but it is well worth the effort.

Purchased At:   Denton Cycles

Similar Products Used:   MRP, Bullit Bros., Gold Tech, Mr Dirt, AC.

Submitted by chris a Downhiller from canberra

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2006

Strengths:    good looks, good brand

Weaknesses:    very noisy, drops chain often

Bottom Line:
Not at all good quality. I got this thing set up at a reliable shop and it worked well for a few months, but then it deteriorated. The chain comes off when i pedal backwards, once when i bunny hopped over a few things it dropped on a smooth landing cause its stupid and i am getting an e.13 good thing. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone, buy something actually worth it!

Favorite Trail:   isaacs dh