Cycle Dynamics Ti Cassette Cassette

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

Cycle Dynamics Ti Cassette

Submitted by rick a Weekend Warrior from north vancouver

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2004

Strengths:    The fact that you can replace individual cassettes rather than the whole darned thing like Shimano XTR for example.
Shifts as well as Shimano and gives a nice "ping" soumd as you shift up under power. Canadian made a few miles away.

Weaknesses:    Haven't found any other than I didn't like the lockring and substituted a Shimano version.

Bottom Line:
Good value for money as you don't have to replace the entire thing when an individual cassette wears out.

Similar Products Used:   Sram, Shimano XT/XTR

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Heckler/RaceFace/Chris King/Manitou Firefly plus/5th element coilover/XTR

Submitted by alan a Cross Country Rider from spokane

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2001

Strengths:    light, good shifting, cool looking, long lasting

Weaknesses:    $$$

Bottom Line:
I am on my second Cycles Dynamic cassette. The first one lasted me 4 seasons and could have gone further, but when I had to replace the rest of the drivetrain, I wanted to make sure it all was new (the old one is running on my 'cross bike now). I use SRAM shifters and chain. The shifting is excellent and I could expect it to be better. I love the fact that this cassette is so light yet last so long. To me this makes it a great value.

Favorite Trail:   devil's gulch

Similar Products Used:   shimano

Bike Setup:   voodoo bizango, steel hardtail

Submitted by JoBu a cross-country rider from FL

Date Reviewed: October 14, 1998

Bottom Line:

I've had my Cycle Dynamics Ti cassette for a couple of months now and I love it. Can I tell a big difference between the shifting of this and of my XTR? Not really, but being a weight-weenie, I dig it. Plus my LBS hooked me up with a great deal on a 11-28 cogset. I'd like to rate this at 4 and 1/2 Mr. Hankys but since there's no halves, always round up.

Submitted by Ken Tan Kah Thye a weekend warrior from Singapore

Date Reviewed: April 25, 1998

Bottom Line:

I got the 11-28 cogset. It shifts quite well. I dun notice it being any
different from my XTR cogset.
However, my 11-teeth gear is not cut very well. The edges were not filed off
properly and thus it didn't fit into my hub. I had to file it off myself.Tat will cost this product 1 star.