Power Cords Mountain Brake System Cables

Power Cordz Mountain Brake System. The absolute lightest cable system in cycling today, Power Cordz are a composite PBO fiber which improves performance, does not attract grime, and will not stretch out.

Submitted by hedonistic a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2014

Strengths:    Feel, these things don't stretch (so far and according to claims) and under moderate to heavy breaking the feedback is amazing! Power given solid levers this is about 25% power wise of the upgrade to a larger rotor. Weight well it's light but $ per gram there are better options.

Weaknesses:    Perhaps more lube would help bu,t the take up and feel in the housing is sub par it cost them a star. The pricing strategy is weird. Buy the extra housing option. I had to argue and send some messages on my second order as they only allow 1 extra meter per order and don't send enough with a kit. I bought more on the sale price but I would not at the standard price.

Bottom Line:
Amazing at and near the limit breaking in both feel and modulation, power increase is undeniable, low power braking feel is subpar. Over all worth $50 but not $75. I wrote this review early because of the sale, if the no stretch holds true I may get a few derailleur cords and save $ on tune ups. This is a mixed review and I will follow up in time. I have only broken in one set of brakes in a few weeks I will update on the other which I will lube the hell out of.

Duration Product Used:   4 weeks

Purchased At:   power cords website.