unknown SRX Bottom Bracket

1.2/5 (5 Reviews)
Weight : 245 grams

Designed for the all around rider looking for solid performance at a reasonable price.

• CNC machined
  • Fixed cup spacer
  • Hollow chromoly M15 spindle
  • Low friction labyrinth spindle seal
  • Proprietary non-side loading design

Submitted by Mike Galenkamp a Weekend Warrior from St. Catharines, ON, Canada

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2007

Weaknesses:    self-destructed all of the sudden with a horrific clicking noise every time I pedalled hard.

Bottom Line:
great price as it was with the bike, but after 1400km (less than 1000 miles), I expected more from that brand of product.

Favorite Trail:   12 mile creek

Purchased At:   came with bike

Bike Setup:   05' Giant XTC, Avid BB7

Submitted by CCyclist a Weekend Warrior from Helsinki, Finland

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2007

Bottom Line:
I bought Race Face SRX just a week ago, to replace Power Pro BB-9915. I don't know what goes wrong, or is it a 'feature' of SRX, but for some reason the non-drive cup 'brakes' the axle. That is, the axle doesn't rotate easily when I hold the non-drive cup in place with hand.

Submitted by matt lepito a Cross Country Rider from baltimore

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2006

Strengths:    none

Weaknesses:    short lifespan

Bottom Line:
I had this bike for 2 years, but only really rode for one because of excessive rain the first year of purchase. I was riding the other day when the bottom bracket made a horrific crack noise. Then I noticed the crankset was loose. When I took the bracket out it was completely destroyed. I have replaced many BB in the past. The start to squeek, then then get loose. But I have never completely destroyed one like this. When I took off the non-drive cup, all the bearings fell out. I have never seen that before. I will be replacing the BB with a Gigapipe from truevantive. I hope it fits.

Purchased At:   came on bike

Similar Products Used:   shimano

Bike Setup:   k2 team full suspension, XTR derailleurs, mavic crossmax, avid mech 7

Submitted by NomoreRacefaceforme a Cross Country Rider from UK

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2006

Strengths:    None.

Weaknesses:    Totally fell apart in the frame after 5 months.

Bottom Line:
After I'd bought this I heard a lot of people take a sharp intake of breath. It seems that the SRX is famous for being a piece of sh!t. Oh, how they were right. It started clicking and creaking after only two months. I removed, cleaned and re-installed it about 5 times before it just fell apart. I mean totally fell apart.

I ran a Raceface Prodigy DH for 19 months with no problems, so they obviously know what makes a good BB. But this is one to avoid. If you buy a bike with it fitted as standard change it before it fails out on the trail.

No more Raceface for me. I'm sticking with Shimano.

0/10.

Purchased At:   wiggle

Similar Products Used:   Raceface Prodigy DH, Shimano Deore, Shimano XTR

Bike Setup:   Giant VT, XT and Raceface Prodigy/Evolve throughout, Mavic 717 rims

Submitted by Richard from UK, New Forest

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2006

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    Failed very early, Heavy

Bottom Line:
Maybe I'm not used to ISIS BB's short life span, but this one slightly seized after only 3 weeks UK riding. I've oiled it, (chain oil), and continued to use it for about 500 miles and it's now so slack and rough I have changed it. I see the FSA Platinum that I have fitted has very poor reviews, but at least it's alot lighter!

Favorite Trail:   Afan, Wales