Bontrager Race Lite Bottom Bracket

2.43/5 (7 Reviews)
Weight : 250 grams MSRP : $40.00

• Precision adjustable angular contact bearing BB
  • Compatible with Bontrager Race, Race Lite, and all other ISIS Drive cranks
  • Larger diameter hollow spindle is 25% stiffer and 60% stronger than standard square BB spindles
  • Precision ground bearing surfaces, ultra high grade balls
  • Compatible with both 68mm and 73mm bottom bracket shells
  • Specifically formulated high pressure grease to keep things rolling smoothly

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by INNES a Cross Country Rider from ALTA LOMA

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2004

Strengths:    IT WAS REPLACED FOR FREE.

Weaknesses:    IT HAD DO BE REPLACED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Bottom Line:
    I have an 03 fuel 98. The first one blew up after 7 months. They didn't want to replace it because they said it was my fault. "I washed it too much." Bull $hit! Finally after too months, they replaced it. Here it is July again and I have another broken BB. I'm not even going to try to get them to replace it. I'll buck up for a good one.

Submitted by Paul a Cross Country Rider from Marina, CA USA

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2004

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    Seals, Bearings... what else can go wrong?

Bottom Line:
    The salesman @ Footloose lied to me about the weight and MSRP of the BB. Told me the MSRP is $100.

This BB sucks. Only a dozen or so rides before it starded creaking. Excessive play and wear on the bearings after a couple of months.

Favorite Trail:   Sandhill Ridge (22)

Purchased At:   Ripped off @ Footloose Sports, Mammoth Lakes

Similar Products Used:   Shimano

Bike Setup:   2000 Stumpjumper FSRxc

Submitted by Corey Bellinger (leon felps) a Racer from Idaho

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2003

Strengths:    What do you get when you combine something worthless that is not stiff with something that has crappy bearings, no friends, is over weight, and is a waste of Money..=Anything Bontrager

Weaknesses:    All bontrager products have no weaknesses, that have poor charicteristics and will break after a few ridesesses.

Bottom Line:
    nope, not again, never, ever, no

Favorite Trail:   Yellow brick road

Purchased At:   Through QBP

Similar Products Used:   2003 xtr (God of X-c) Truvative(Sick for the money) FSA carbon crank and fsa bb (Dam Fine,Dam light)

Bike Setup:   Litespeed tricycle...the one that costs $800.00...im joking

Submitted by Dan a Cross Country Rider from North Texas, USA

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2003

Strengths:    Price

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
    So far this ISIS BB has held up extremly well. No complaints!

Favorite Trail:   Cedar Hill State Park

Similar Products Used:   Race Face Evolve XC ISIS

Bike Setup:   Trek 8900

Submitted by Storm Ferguson from Durban, South Africa

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2003

Strengths:    You've got to be kidding!

Weaknesses:    Trashed after 6 months and took 3.5 months more for the warranty replacement to be delivered! The freewheel warranty replacement (still useless) has taken 4 months.

Bottom Line:
    The warranty service from Trek/Fisher has to be the worst I've ever experienced. Once they've sold you the bike, specced with all thier inhouse junk, they lose complete interest and that includes the great Gary too who never answers an e-mail!
    I cannot recommened the Bontrager chain set, BB or freewheel to anyone. Use Shimano and be safe.

Favorite Trail:   Teichmann's at Howick

Purchased At:   OE with Garu Fisher Sugar

Similar Products Used:   Same junk on a 2000 Sugar 2.

Bike Setup:   2002 Sugar 2 - never again!

Submitted by kevin klug a Racer from chicago

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2002

Strengths:    very stiff, no creaks, smooth action, my first isis set up and very impressed.

Weaknesses:    250 grams

Bottom Line:
    excellent performance but when weight weenies find they can save 100 grams and get something just as nice, they wonder. Hence, I just put an order in for the AM classic cro-mo Isis. For 25 grams, wouldn't bother but 100?

Anyway this has served well and stiffness better than old xtr/xtr taper set up. If you don't care about weight, keep it.

1 ding because of the weight

Favorite Trail:   the ones not closed

Purchased At:   stock