Home | Reviews | Stem | Trek

Trek System 2 Stem

Trek System 2

Submitted by Mike a weekend warrior

Date Reviewed: February 16, 1999

Bottom Line:

Man, I didn't think I would see a trek stem reveiw, but here i am. I had the trek system for about a month until it developed a crack next to the back clamp. Also I bought a Kore Lite3 stem cheap at Super Go bike shop, so I had money left in my pocket too. I went with Kore because they have been building threadless stems from the begining of time!

Submitted by Winston W. a cross-country rider from College Station, Texas

Date Reviewed: February 12, 1999

Bottom Line:

Okay, okay. I know that System 2 is not exactly a high-end bike line. BUT i have to say that this is a really great stem. No, it won't get you the drool puddles that a Syncros or KORE stem will, but you will also have money left in your bank account. This baby weighs in at 180 grams, is BEAUTIFUL polished Aluminum, has nice rounded contours, and OH YEAH, it only costs $25! Its weight alone ranks it FAR lighter than many KORE, Syncros,... stems. I've used mine for two years and have had no problems whatsoever. For the person who doesn't care about a name (or doesn't have the money, like me), but wants a great stem (just as good as the big boys, as far as i'm concerned) for cheap, then this is your stem. F I V E.