Home | Reviews | Stem | Titec

4.2/5 (5 Reviews)

Titec CroMo Stem

Submitted by Got H Pipe a Cross Country Rider from Falls Church VA

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2002

Strengths:    Awesome stem nothing compares, has some compliance compared to an AL stem.

Weaknesses:    paint is falling off around the bottom on the headtube

Bottom Line:
best stem ever

Purchased At:   Don't remember

Similar Products Used:   Titec Ti bar- the perfect match

Bike Setup:   Diamondback WCF
Marzocchi Z4 Air
ESP7.0
hugi mavic 217

Submitted by Gaz a weekend warrior from San Diego

Date Reviewed: March 8, 1998

Bottom Line:

Same weight (about) as alloy stems, stiff, looks nice and matches my titec bar ends. The stem only weighs 200g. I'm very happy with its performance and it is about $10 less than the control tech. Although the single external bolt looks suspiciously flimsy it is crmo steel and holds up great. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a sleek piece of gear.

Submitted by Lancer a weekend warrior from Northridge, CA

Date Reviewed: February 22, 1998

Bottom Line:

I picked up a 120 Titec stem to replace a Kore 105 because of wanting a longer stem. Road the bike once and replaced it with a Kore 120. This stem doesn't compare with the high-end stems out there. Functional is all I can say about poor fit and doesn't hold snuggly to headset like the Kore. I don't recommend this stem too many other offerings available.

Submitted by Roger Winther a cross-country rider from Norway

Date Reviewed: February 13, 1998

Bottom Line:

Best stem I ever had, fits my bike perfectly, Is It obtainable with a 5 degree option ? extremly good powdercoat, maybe a little soft, feels that way when riding In the rough. Sharp looks and better than most other stems that I have had on my previous bikes. Looking for a new stem that doesnt cost to mutch, then look no further.

Submitted by Ken a cross-country rider from Vancouver Canada

Date Reviewed: January 17, 1998

Bottom Line:

The Titec I have now is really sweet. The contruction is obviously made to last
and the thing is powder coated so it will have a nice lustre to it for a long time to come and the stuff is
very chip resistant. The stem has a unique gusset under it made of a thin sheet of metal welded to it and
the looks of it and the over all quality has me fairly happy. Before, I used to have a Axiom stem which
used a internal pinching system that made me nervous because it put gouges in the steer tube and
trmendous amount of stress as well. The Titec uses an external single bolt system which actually holds
better than the internal system and the Titec has held to the steer tube better.
I would trust the Titec over any alloy stem.