Race Face Evolve Sterling Stem

• Built for: XC/Trail/AM
  • Rise: + or - 6° (reversible)
  • Bar diameter: 31.8mm
  • Stack height: 38mm

Submitted by xcmrx a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2013

Strengths:    Looks great, so light its feels fragile, very stiff and killer price.

Weaknesses:    None that I see

Bottom Line:
I just picked one of these up to replace my old syncros cattle prod stem that I love but it wasn't holding my steerer like it used to plus the stupid angled topcap finally died. I found this stem on ebay , was a take off and pretty much perfect. Install was easy as expected besides fitting the shims untill I can afford a 31.8 barbut that's not the stems fault. Two rides down and no complaints at all. Super stiff and sexy looks plus its from race face. I highly recomend this stem.

Similar Products Used:   Syncros . Kore. Thomson

Bike Setup:   99 gt lts . All xtr. 99 sid long travel and other cool bits.

Submitted by duggus

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2012

Strengths:    Weight, Finish, Size

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
This review is for the 70mm in "Sterling". It is a great looking stem and much better looking than any of the photo's I've seen on the retailers sites. It's not a flat grey like the photo's look, it is a chrome type finish, but more on the dark grey side, hence the "sterling" color name. The photo's shown here on MTBR are almost correct, there is no red in the decals on the sterling.

The 70mm stem hit the right spot for me. I had a 60mm Truvativ AKA am stem on before and felt slightly cramped, and got sick of the color : ), stepping up to 70 was an improvement. The perfect, cost-effective stem for an all-mountain ride.

Good Color Match for RaceFace Evolve Sterling Stem

Does anyone have any experience with the Sterling colored RaceFace stem? It is a beautiful stem and there are some deals to be had, but does anyone know if the color is a good match for another brand seatpost? How about Woodman Pewter or Crank Brothers Iron? Thanks![ATTACH=CONFIG]791166[/ATTA ... Read More »