Profile Design BOA Stem

3.5/5 (4 Reviews)
Weight : 321 grams MSRP : $25.99

The Profile Design Boa mountain stem constructed of 6061-T6. Weight: 277 g Bar Clamp Diameter: 25.4 mm SteererTube: 1-1/8"ThreadlessThe Profile Design BoaThreaded 6061-T6 mountain stem is available for 1" and 1-1/8" steererTubes. Quill Insertion Diameter: 25.4mm for 1-1/8" stems and 22.2 for 1" stems Weight: 277 g Bar Clamp Diameter: 25.4 mm SteererTube 1", 1-1/8"Threaded

Submitted by nuck_chorris a Weekend Warrior from Spring,Tx

Date Reviewed: July 6, 2010

Strengths:    holds my riser bar all i can ask from it, looks good and they have plenty of sizes

Weaknesses:    aluminum- i wish it was steel

Bottom Line:
At first i bought the threaded one that i can install directly to my fork but then i made the mistake of installing a 26 mm road bar that it isnt designed for and i paid for it because that ripped the threads off of the item. the second one I bought was the threadless one with a threadless quill adapter and it seems to be holding up well.Notice: DON'T INSTALL ROAD BARS ON THE MOUNTAIN VERSION OF THE BOA STEM

Favorite Trail:   GMNP

Purchased At:   Jenson+Amazon

Similar Products Used:   OE stem that came on my bike

Bike Setup:   SS trek 850

Submitted by billandreas a Weekend Warrior from Queens, NY

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2008

Strengths:    "Rocky BalBOA"

Weaknesses:    2 bolt plate.

Bottom Line:
It's enough for cross country use and light free riding. I use the 130deg, 65mm length to bring my handle bars higher and closer to me. I haven't seen too many stems out there offer this degree of comfort for the casual rider (outside of adjustable stems) for threadless setups. It's perfect on my Mtn. bike-gone-street bomber. While the BOA isn't as appealing as 3D forged stems, the thick welds make this a sturdy construction. ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY!

Favorite Trail:   NYC

Purchased At:   JensonUSA

Similar Products Used:   no-namers.

Bike Setup:   Diamondback Sorrento 7spd, 1.5" panaracer, sram x7, shimano Hollowtech, s2 headset, profile fr bars, lx/mavic 221

Submitted by Maarten a Weekend Warrior from Belgium

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2007

Strengths:    I have the 90mm x 40° version and it's very nice geometry for me because I like to sit pretty upward but also like a flat bar for long distances, to have the use of bar ends. This stem is perfect for me on my current frame (which is a tad too big).

Weaknesses:    None that I know off

Bottom Line:
It's very good value and plenty stiff for me although I'm 230 lbs. Haven't had problems so far. If you like a strong, cheap stem, go for it. I love mine.

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager sport, Azonic ORC, Monty trials stem, XTX DH stem, Planet X meteor

Bike Setup:   1999 GT ricochet 20"

Submitted by Hunter a Cross Country Rider from Angel Fire, NM

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2006

Strengths:    Hasn't broke yet

Weaknesses:    A little flex

Bottom Line:
This stem is a little flexy. I ride fairly hard on a marginal bike. This is one part I just picked up in an emergency to get back to the race in angel fire cuz I broke the previous one. So far for about 4 years now this part hasn't broke. Although i would like something a little stiffer.

Favorite Trail:   Rim Trail, Taho