Home | Reviews | Stem | Kore

Kore Elite Stem

4.73/5 (91 Reviews)
Weight : 200 grams

• Single bolt removable front clamp
  • Patented KneeSaver rear clamp design
  • Ovalized, oversized center tube
  • Titanium bolts
  • Glass bead blast finish
  • Headshock model available

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by bender a Weekend Warrior from Idaho

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2010

Strengths:    WOW! are you kidding me. This stem ROCKS!
    STIFF but its the best looking out there. I bought tow because it was so cheap on Ebay. I pound it with no problems. Great job KORE

Weaknesses:    nada

Bottom Line:
    I wish I found these Kore stems earlier. I paid so much more for other CR**!! these are far the best, check it out on ebay and you will see.

Favorite Trail:   reckins

Similar Products Used:   all the rest

Submitted by Prince74 a Cross Country Rider from Ottawa

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2009

Strengths:    Well when I first saw this stem I was amazed at its looks!
    What a work of art. The welds are beautiful, KORE’S clamping system is smart and sharp and the laser etched logo’s sweet.

- Looks awesome
    - Light
    - Stiff
    - Ti bolts

Weaknesses:    NONE!

Bottom Line:
    Best of the best!

Purchased At:   on line

Similar Products Used:   Kore Lite 3

Bike Setup:   Eclipse Bike, Atomic Comp Momentum Rims, DT Aerolite Bladed Spokes, Vittoria Diamante Pro Kevlar Carbon Tires, Carbon Fork, Winwood Carbon Spacer Headset Kit, Bontragger ACC Carbon Seat Post, Specialized Avatar Gel Saddle, FSA Moto EXO Crank, Shimano LX front / XT Rear, Avid Arch Rival Mag 50’s, Kool Stop Dual Compounds, Avid Arch Rival SD2.0L levers.

Submitted by Benny a Weekend Warrior from CA

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2008

Strengths:    No other stem compares. I have had most all of them either already on the bike I bought or purchased seperatly. The Kore stem is superb in every way. I have had my Elite stem for over three years and why change it to something inferior when it does everything its suppose to! Stiff, easy loading and still looks great with that lazer engraving logo. I love it, check it out, you wont be disappointed. Thanks Kore

Weaknesses:    na

Bottom Line:
    The last stem I will buy

Purchased At:   on line

Similar Products Used:   you name it, i used it, been MTB riding for over 25 years

Submitted by Q a Cross Country Rider from Northern Virginia

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2007

Strengths:    Excellent design, finish, and performance

Weaknesses:    Current model has changed slightly from earlier design

Bottom Line:
    Great stem! More companies should copy/steal the single piece Kneesaver rear clamp design -- it works! The single bolt, sliding face of the handlebar clamp is smart too. Overall clean looks along with the laser cut/machined graphics and bead blasted finish make it an attractive, hard wearing stem. I bought this to replace my Kore Lite, since it wouldn't take a riser bar, and my friend had been using an Elite and was very happy. I always thought the Ti bolts were a little soft (using a torque wrench and following specifications) and I eventually replaced them with SS ones, but everyone else seems to love them, so who knows. This stem is staying on my current bike, and future bikes for as long as possible!

Purchased At:   Supergo (RIP!)

Similar Products Used:   Kore Lite

Bike Setup:   hardtail

Submitted by Paul C a Weekend Warrior from Boca Raton, FL, USA

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2005

Strengths:    Lite, strong, minimlaistic.

Weaknesses:    Can be tough to mount with a riser stem.

Bottom Line:
    Light stem, love how it only has one bolt to adjust the handlebar. Only problem i found is that you have to slide the stem face in and then bolt it to the main stem. Good things are the titanium bolts, rock solid, cool colors (I got the anodized red), light. All around a good stem.

Similar Products Used:   GT forged stem

Bike Setup:   GT Avalanche 3.0 disk

Submitted by Chris a Cross Country Rider from San Antonio, Texas

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2005

Strengths:    Extremely well built product with outstanding longevity.

Weaknesses:    Absolutely none after more than 3 years.

Bottom Line:
    This is an update to my first review of this stem from roughly four years ago.

Since then, I have exposed this stem to rigorous riding in all sorts of conditions on many trails. The stem still looks as good as new although it has gone through a whole bunch of wipe outs.
    Construction:
    The stem has a clamping mechanism on the face-plate which holds the handlebar. This eliminates the need for multiple bolts and saves weight. The stem has a bead-blasted finish with laser etched logos. This finish is very durable and scratch resistant.
    The titanium bolts are the icing on the cake. No corrosion, and simply an amazing material to combine with such a high-quality stem.
    I can only recommend it after years of serious use !

Similar Products Used:   Ritchey stems.

Bike Setup:   Intense Tracer. Stem holds an Easton CT2 Carbon Handlebar.
    Shimano XT Drivetrain, Hollowtech II Cranks, Thomson Seatpost.

Submitted by doods a Weekend Warrior from p.i

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2005

Strengths:    no flex great shape bulky and bomb proof!!!!
    i have the 120mm zero rise and my ride was pimped out!!

Weaknesses:    nada!!!

Bottom Line:
    if you want the best stem out ther get kore elite you'll never regret getting it...

Similar Products Used:   raceface prodigy

Bike Setup:   sram 9.0 all the way baby,trek 4300,mavic-xtr-dt rev

Submitted by Brian a Downhiller from Mpls Minn

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2004

Strengths:    Everything you need, Stiff, Sweet looking, Light

Weaknesses:    Nothing

Bottom Line:
    I would not buy anything else. Had other stems on other bikes, this setm out last them all and still performs like day one. Keep up the great components Kore and dont change this stem its SWEEEET!

Purchased At:   Jeds Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Ritchey,tompson

Submitted by Angus Beef a Cross Country Rider from Ridgefield,Ct,06877

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2004

Strengths:    price,front removeable clamp

Weaknesses:    welded design,bulky,cheap stickers

Bottom Line:
    After 1 year of riding this stem I was washing my bike and doing an inspection when I found a hairline crack about 1" long at the weld of the stem. Hasn't been making noise but I will replace asap. There is a reason this stem is $12- at pricepoint now. It served its purpose though for the price. I way 220 and would not reccommend to anyone my size. I'll be buying a raceface deus now

Favorite Trail:   Huntington

Purchased At:   pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   ringle,ritchey........

Bike Setup:   c'dale h-tail all high end custom

Submitted by Mike a Cross Country Rider from New Haven, CT

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2004

Strengths:    Excellent looks, easy to take the bar off when needed, very light, super stiff, not getting bitten by my stem.

Weaknesses:    NONE

Bottom Line:
    Awesome, excellent, and any other superlatives that come to mind. I wish I bought 10 of them to make sure I have one for every bike I'll ever own.

Favorite Trail:   All of them

Purchased At:   Supergo

Similar Products Used:   Control tech, Coda

Bike Setup:   Old school '95 Cannondale Tried and true XT, Mavic 517 XTR, carbon, Chris King, Race Face

Submitted by Pierre a Cross Country Rider from Black Mountain, NC

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2004

Strengths:    25 degree rise, good looking and stiff.

Bottom Line:
    The original stem on my bike was way to long and low. The Kore stem with the 25 degree rise and short length of 105mm is perfect. It has really helped with the tough climbs when you need to pull down and back on the handlebars. It looks great (I got a red one.), performs wonderfully and at $24 on ebay, it was a super buy.

Favorite Trail:   Kitsuma NC

Similar Products Used:   Iron Horse stem.

Bike Setup:   Hardtail, Iron Horse, 24 speed, clippless pedals, Elite Kore Stem, Linear pull brakes, Grip shifters.

Submitted by Vic a Racer from Westchester,Ca USA

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2003

Strengths:    Stiff, Single bolt front clamp, The best looking

Weaknesses:    nada

Bottom Line:
    Kore rocks!! after all they originated the headset stem and thats why I have two Kore elite stems. They are definetly the best out there, The tompson stem slipped. The Kore stem is lighter and better looking too. check it out and compare.

Favorite Trail:   everything local and CO.

Purchased At:   bikeology

Similar Products Used:   tompson

Submitted by weather expert a Weekend Warrior from iowa

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2003

Strengths:    STIFF with capital S. bead peened for strength and scratch resistence. subtle graphics look good.

Weaknesses:    you kiddin me?

Bottom Line:
    best stem i've used, period.

i've used kore elite on my friends bikes before and i was impressed. now i have one on my xc rig and the differencec shows.

kore elite, even at 135mm, is WAY stiff and lasts a lifetime. bar clamp is wide and the faceplate is interlocked, so the stress is not on the bolt but the stem itself (so they can use ti bolt to save weight and resist rust). good engineering. also, the interlock also makes stem stiffer than most every 4-bolt. single bolt saves hassle of torquing each bolt in turn and kicks out the possibility of uneven torque. i'm more of a SS type so i stand up a lot. when hammering or steering our of ruts, the stiff stem really brings back some feel of my rigid SS bike. better yet, the subtle graphics matches stealthy look of my bike perfecctly.

retail price is pretty high though, and dealers are rare and far in between. if you find a deal, go for it.

Purchased At:   eBay (yeah!)

Similar Products Used:   nashbar (pretty good), control tech (if it's not mis-aligned POS it's just a mediocre stem, unless it says team issue), salsa moto ace (non-SUL=mediocre), syncros (pain in the @ss), etc

Bike Setup:   what's relevant: steel xc hardtail with a z2 in front, 5d 580mm flat bar. 135mm kore elite stem. fsa xl2 headset.

Submitted by Craig a Cross Country Rider from Irvine, Ca

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2003

Strengths:    Strong, easy adjustments, awesome look!

Weaknesses:    Price..maybe.

Bottom Line:
    I have had this stem for over 2 years and have had no problems with it nor have I needed to make any adjustment (tightening due to riding) to it. I am very happy with the look, strength, and ease of adjustment. I bought the silver as I was afraid that the colored stems would scratch silver. I remember that the stem was pricy, but it is worth every penny.

Purchased At:   Supergo

Submitted by Sean a Cross Country Rider from Leicester GB

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2003

Strengths:    Stiff, Doesnt make noise like other high end stems, holds tight

Bottom Line:
    I think its safe to say that since I have been riding this stem for over a year now here in Europe I can say the stem works flawlessly. I have tried many high end stems that claim they are the best but dont even work as nice as my stock stem that came with my bike. Kore elite stem is definetly the best upgrade I made

Favorite Trail:   My back yard