Home | Reviews | Stem | Easton

• Steer Clamp Diameter: 1-1/8 inch
  • Material: 3D Forged EA70 Aluminum

Submitted by appgap a Weekend Warrior from Green Mountain State

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2008

Strengths:    Light and tight. Works great with my Monleylite SL bars. They look great together.

Weaknesses:    None to report

Bottom Line:
Needed a stem to go with my Monkeylite SL bars. Price was right and took off 26 gm.

Favorite Trail:   my woods

Purchased At:   WheelWorld

Similar Products Used:   Ritchey Comp

Bike Setup:   Motobecane Fantom Trail HT

Submitted by Tim from Worcester

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2008

Strengths:    light, nice looks, strong, not sure what else I can get excited about

Weaknesses:    Occasionally I get a creak (more like a click) from the stem/bars area. Makes me think that a four bolt clamp would be better. It may be a flex think or something to do with the pressure that my heavy weight puts on it. Like I said, it only happens occasionally (then I give a spray and it's cured).

Bottom Line:
This stem has been doing a job very nicely for me, and with a nice length for my ride (80 or 90mm) the cockpit feels very assured. I've had no problems with it apart from this occasional creak/click sound, but with a clean or a spray it is sorted and my confidence is restored. I felt happier with the four bolt ritchey stem, but that was too long and I got this for a good price. It also happened to match my bars and together they look real trick.

Favorite Trail:   Wales

Similar Products Used:   specialized stem, Ritchey WCS.

Bike Setup:   Ellsworth Epiphany with Fox shox, formula brakes, raceface cranks, hope hubsand DT Swiss rims, XT/LX gears, Easton, DMR, Odi and SDG other stuff