Crank Brothers Iodine 3 Stem

Crank Brothers Iodine 3 Stem: 7075 aluminum All Mountain stem with carbon fiber faceplate. Dual wedge/plunger binder system, 4-bolt bar clamp, Torx bolts. 158g (@ 100mm).

Crank Brothers Iodine 3 Stem Pro Review

The All Mountain iodine 3 stem is made with 7075 aluminum, with a carbon faceplate and a unique aluminum plunger for the steerer clamp. The innovative plunger system uses a single Torx bolt at the steerer, which pushes out in a uniform manner, giving a cleaner surface area and a more distributed load, and allows a much higher torque setting. The stem has a 6° rise (+/-), 45mm clamp height, and comes in 65mm, 80mm, 90mm, and 100mm lengths, weighs 158 grams (100mm), and retails for $130. Continue reading →

Submitted by GIJosh84 a Weekend Warrior from Medina Ohio

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2011

Strengths:    Looks awesome, works well for me

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
Oh man am I glad I did this! I replaced a 60mm, 15 degree stem that was stock on my 11 Giant Revel 0...going to a 100mm 6 degree gave me more control on the trails, and provided levereage for combating low speed bump steer that was a problem on my rooty trail.

It did add about 15gs over my stocker if you're into that kinda thing.

Favorite Trail:   Reagan Park