Home | Reviews | Shifter | SRAM

SRAM X.4 Trigger Shifter

3.67/5 (3 Reviews)

• Ergonmics design platform
  • 1:1 Actuation ratio
  • Easy to read gear indication
  • Speeds: 8

Submitted by jkrispies

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2012

Strengths:    Good for price

Weaknesses:    Rear is awesome, front needs to be held on the upshift, but no big deal

Bottom Line:
Came stock on my Hardrock. No problems after 1500 mountain miles. For a cheap shifter, can't ask for more than that.

Submitted by thomas heath a Downhiller from doncaster

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2010

Strengths:    a nice smooth gear shifter

Weaknesses:    me and my friend who has the same gear shifter have had problems with the number panel plactic cover coming off which now means i have lost it

Bottom Line:
thanks

Submitted by $nap$hot a Cross Country Rider from Texas

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2010

Strengths:    Easy to install and adjust. Crisp shifting in the rear.

Weaknesses:    Gear indicator covers need to be glued on.

Bottom Line:
I like them. Leaps and bounds better than the stock Shimano integrated crap. Paired with the X.7 rear derailleur, I couldn't be happier. Only problem I've had is that the gear indicator cover popped off when I brushed a limb. I would have super glued them on if I'd known they came off so easy.

Side note...these will no be on my bike long. I only got them because they are 8 speed shifters, and they will come off as soon as I get a 9 speed cassette. That said, if you want a decent drivetrain upgrade for an 8 speed bike without breaking the bank, ($60 for shifters + X.7 rear derailleur) this combo is a great investment.

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   Shimano ST-EF50

Bike Setup:   Fisher Wahoo Disc. X.7 rear derailleur, stock Alivio front, X.4 shifters, Alivio brake levers from the spare parts bin at my LBS, Motoraptor 2.24 up front, Kenda Excavator 2.35 in the back.