X-Lite Clikon CNC 7075 Seatpost 340mm Seatpost

3.5/5 (6 Reviews)
Weight : N/A MSRP : $70.20

Fully machined head and clamps from 6000 series alloy billet. 7075 cold drawn support tube, super lightweight design and construction. Available in 25.4 or 27.2 diameter, other diameters come supplied with a CNC turned shim. Full 27mm layback with infinite angle adjustability. Clikon rail clamp wedges have two widely spaced pinch bolts for powerful outboard clamping. Incorporates fast and simple assembly with unique spring-loaded, clamping system.

Submitted by Q-Tip a Weekend Warrior from Somerset, UK

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2006

Strengths:    Very light, lots of layback, strong, easy to fit saddle and lots of position adjustment

Weaknesses:    Only accepts standard diameter saddle rails

Bottom Line:
I don't know how people have managed to snap these things while doing nothing on their bikes. I've had no problems at all and I've not been nice to this seatpost. It has survived many crashes with my full (very substantial) weight landing on the saddle, and has stood up to two years of dirt jumping, downhilling, and freeriding abuse. You can't beat this post for a combination of strength, weight and looks (by far the coolest looking seatpost I've ever come across). The Clikon system makes saddle installation and setup a doddle, allowing the seat to be easily set at any angle.

Favorite Trail:   Chicksands

Similar Products Used:   X-Lite Clikon (non-CNC version)

Bike Setup:   Hardcore hardtail

Submitted by Mark a Weekend Warrior from Cardiff, UK

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2004

Strengths:    This post is light and has a good clamp design, in that it was easy to fir and to adjust.

Weaknesses:    What good is a broken seatpost? I boght 2 of these, 1 for me and 1 for my gf. She snapped hers when she rode over a small bump and was left to finish a 30 mile ride with only half the post in the frame. Straight afterwards I noticed mine was bent, so sent them both back to supplier.
I've heard too many stories now about X-Lite equipment snapping and it's not for me again.

Bottom Line:
Don't waste your money, get a Thomson instead. They may cost a little more but it's worth it to know you'll be able to get home in the saddle.

Favorite Trail:   Afan Argoed

Purchased At:   Merlin Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Thomson, Kalloy, USE

Bike Setup:   Kinesis Maxlight, XT/XTR, MX Pro ETA (me)
Oange P7, XT, MX Comp ETA (her)

Submitted by Dave a Cross Country Rider from UK

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2003

Strengths:    Looks nice

Weaknesses:    Snaps catastrophically

Bottom Line:
This post snapped while riding on the flat (smooth disused railway). I never jump the bike either. The post snapped leaving an incredibly sharp jagged end, use your imagination and guess what could've happened... This is the 3rd X-Lite post I have snapped, time to go back to USE. I suppose I could have been unlucky, but this has nothing to do with the way I ride my bike (I'm 37yrs old!), I estimate that this post managed no more than 500miles in 13months as most of my miles are achieved on my Giant TCR2 road bike.

Purchased At:   X-Lite direct

Similar Products Used:   USE

Bike Setup:   Proflex957

Submitted by Wayne a Downhiller from nottingham, uk

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this post for my Marin Nail Trail and what a pile of sh-it it is, It snapped in under 3 Months at the clamp at the top. The clikon feature is clever but usless for large railed saddles(Tioga XL) and the supply (Raleigh P+A UK warrenty turn round is VERY slow(6 Months and I work in a bike shop). When I did get the credit note from the suppliers I bought a Titec HardKnock seatpost.

P.S I have seen a few X-lite post bend so be careful

Favorite Trail:   sssshhhh. It's a secret

Purchased At:   cycle city

Submitted by Alec a Weekend Warrior from London

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2001

Strengths:    light, tough, well-made, easy to adjust, looks cool

Weaknesses:    be careful of chipping the nice black finish

Bottom Line:
excellent post bought in frustration after having my original post nicked and wasting my time with a post-moderne pseudo-suspension job and utter POST Ritchey

the click-on clamp is brilliant and holds my brooks like a tight-thing, the micro-adjustment for levelling is just what it should be - easy

finally, it comes with a nice height guage so you won't need to use tape to remember your favourite height after q'ring

all-in-all, this is one excllent mofo seatpost!

Favorite Trail:   the ride home from work

Purchased At:   www.evanscycles.co.uk