Wound Up Composites Carbon Fiber Seat Post Seatpost

3.67/5 (3 Reviews)

wound up composites carbon fiber seat post

Submitted by Pete a Cross Country Rider from Pasadena, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2009

Strengths:    Clean design, light weight, easy to set up.

Weaknesses:    None yet.

Bottom Line:
Having averaged 2000 miles a year in the dirt since 1990, I still weigh 195 lbs, bummer. I originally purchased this elegantly designed seatpost for it's weight. This post that has not failed where others have. This Wound-Up post has seen almost constant use for 14 years with no failure, or hint of, on the third frame. I've tried other posts, but always seem to come back to this one. It's too bad that Wound-Up isn't making these posts anymore. Definitely worth the investment even if found used.

Favorite Trail:   Town Trail, Crested Butte, CO

Purchased At:   Velo Pasadena

Similar Products Used:   Kore, Easton

Bike Setup:   Currently on a steel frame meant for 31.6 posts using an aluminum shim to 27.2

Submitted by Greg a Cross-Country Rider from Santa Monica , CA

Date Reviewed: May 6, 1999

Strengths:
light weight - looks cool

Weaknesses:
clamp

Bottom Line:
I have been riding on this post for the last two months. It sucks!!! That is the clamp sucks. I bought it because it was very light weight and looks cool, but the seat clamp has given me nothing but trouble. I am not a heavy rider (150 lbs.) yet when I put any weight on the saddle it sinks in the back rising in the front, very hard to ride like this. The bike shop has tried to fix the problem by filing the teeth. No luck, it stills slips. So after it failed in a race last week I sent it back to wound up for warranty. Lets see what happens. Right now I give it 0 hot chiles, even though it is light and looks good it does not hold my seat in place and after all that's why I
bought the dam thing.

3 months

Submitted by Bob a cross-country rider from RI

Date Reviewed: February 19, 1999

Bottom Line:

I purchased the wound up carbon post after a strong recommendation from the LBS. The post weighs 190 grams alone and 210 grams with a shim. Due to the limited available sizes, I am using a shim for proper fit. This post has a very high end look and its enginnering and overall design appears to be well thought out. I paid only $90 dollars for this post, and most people think that it cost twice that amount. It is the lightes post I have ever laid a finger on and my gut feeling is that it is also the strongest. The company that produces this post is known for their carbon road forks, which are the best money can buy. I feel as though this post is also the best money can buy. Go check one out!