Home | Reviews | Seatpost | USE

USE Suspension Seatpost Seatpost

3.8/5 (5 Reviews)

Submitted by phil a Weekend Warrior from kentfield, ca

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2001

Strengths:    It works - smooths ride of an aluminum frame on the trail. Reasonably light for a suspension seatpost.

Weaknesses:    The part where the seat rails rest busted in half.I e-mailed the mfg. about getting a replacement part and got zip response. The whole seat clamp configuration is kind of funky and I don't think too reliable.

Bottom Line:
Given the poor (none) customer support and IMHO unreliable seat clamp set-up, I'd pass on this product.

Favorite Trail:   eldridge grade

Purchased At:   I think nashbar

Similar Products Used:   NOne

Submitted by Lawrence Winterbottom a Racer from London

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2000

Strengths:    Light, simple to install and use.

Bottom Line:
USE make well engineered,light and value for money seatposts. Their aftersales back up was excellent. I lost a part of the cradle when overhauling the bike. They sent me a free replacement that arrived the next day by first class post.

The seatpost works superbly on a tandem where the stoker has no warning of impending potholes and makes saddlesores and (most) arguments a thing of the past

Favorite Trail:   High Peak Trail

Bike Setup:   1937 Claud Butler tandem with wheelsets for touring, racing and offroading.

Submitted by philip Harrison a Cross Country Rider from Reading

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2000

Strengths:    It work and works and works - in other words it does the job its meant to.
I am not big on maintinance! so if it works, thats great for me.

Weaknesses:    could be lighter, but I here the new ones are very much lighter.

Bottom Line:
I was one of the riders that thought shock posts were just for softies, but after riding over the Andes last year I know that I would have really suffered without one and with 30 mile up hills it certainly did the work on the way up as well as down. I have recommended USE shock posts to several riders and all have come back with positive feedback.

If you want to ride faster over bumpy ground - its for you.
If you just want to be able to sit down after a 500k ride over the Andes - Its for you.

Favorite Trail:   2 day down hill from Hualla Hualla pass in Peru - 4760 m to 138m brill

Similar Products Used:   just a suspension bike rather than a hard tail with a shock post. Great weight advantage and it almost does the same job but without the bobing.

Bike Setup:   Giant ATX 890 with USE shocks on the front (why did they stop makeing these now very rare and very good forks)

Submitted by Matt Guffey a Cross Country Rider from Watertown, MA, USA

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
Please see my updated review under USE SX. (They did right by me)...

Submitted by Matt a cross-country rider from Framingham, MA

Date Reviewed: December 23, 1998

Bottom Line:

Here's what I sent USE (info@use1.com)Hello,Until recently I've been very happy with my USE post.But it broke recently leaving me to finish the last two
hours of a 4 hour mountain bike ride standing up. I've owned it for two years and upgraded the stock
elastometers with springs.Two rides later it broke.The Local Bike Shop where I bought the post went out
of business.What sould I do.Thanks, Matt