Titec X-Wing Pro Seatpost

2.43/5 (7 Reviews)
Weight : 250 grams MSRP : $90.95

Bolt your seat into our new X-wing rail clamp! Our X-Wing Pro design uses a pillar of ultralight butted 7075-T6 heat-treated aluminum, creating new standards for lightweight alloy posts.
  • Material: 7075-T6 DB Heat Treated Aluminum
  • Offset: 25mm (1")

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by John G

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2014

Strengths:    The offset is nice for the bike it came with - a 2003 Giant NRS-3. That's all I can say that's good about this seat post.

Weaknesses:    After a few years of riding (although I'm not a large or heavy guy at about 150lbs) the bolt snapped at the cradle just the same as a lot of people have noted here. Obviously these bolts are either not adequately spec'd or were not manufactured to spec or had defects in them. Anyway I was not impressed with the strength and durability of it. Replacing it with a 2 bolt post from another manufacturer. Hopefully two bolts are better than one!

Bottom Line:
    Wouldn't buy it (or a whole bike with it) again.. although I'll miss the 20mm offset as it seems hard to find on other posts.

Submitted by Mike P

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2012

Strengths:    definitely not the bolt

Weaknesses:    Poor design, broke 2 bolts, and lost the top part last time.

Bottom Line:
    Absolute rubbish

Submitted by Diamondhead a Cross Country Rider from Jersey, UK Channel Island

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2009

Strengths:    Very strong, set and forget clamping syst., full 25mm set back, looks good.

Weaknesses:    A bit heavy (283 grams for a 27.2mm x 350mm)

Bottom Line:
    I've had my X-Wing post for year now, with no fuss, and no drama what so ever, it just holds up my seat, (and my fat a$$), and it looks good doing it.
    Mine weighed in at 283 grams, not light, but it's not heavy either, I guess weight is the price you pay for a solid part.
    I paid 13.00 quid ($19.00) for it, so it was a great value as well.
    If your an non-weight weenie XC rider get it, you won't be sorry!

Favorite Trail:   Hill Side park Elk River, MN

Purchased At:   Chain Reaction Cycle

Similar Products Used:   Easton, Syncros, Kalloy, other Titec posts

Bike Setup:   On One Scandal, 1x9, 24lb bike set up for a 250lb rider

Submitted by Kevin Keegan a Cross Country Rider from Washington, DC

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2007

Strengths:    Uhh, it sticks to regular sizing?

Weaknesses:    Everything but the fact that it sticks to regular sizing!

Bottom Line:
    I had to make an emergency seatpost and saddle purchase after I made the silly mistake of leaving mine at home on a weeklong trip to West Virginia (don't ask!). Thankfully a friend of mine had a spare saddle with him, but I still needed to get a seatpost - I saw these "on sale" at a local bike shop out there, and snagged one.

Five minutes into the ride, the bolt snapped, sending me off the bike and down a nice 10foot drop, spraining my ankle, wrist, and getting some tasty cuts and bruises too. I learned my lesson to never ever ever compromise on a seatpost again. (Thankfully, the dudes at the store were supercool, and gave me a full refund after I'd limped back there the following day.) The retail on this thing is more than a Thomson, and that's just laughable.

Similar Products Used:   Thomson. Period.

Bike Setup:   Intense 5.5

Submitted by Rick a Cross Country Rider from Hales Corners

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2005

Weaknesses:    Attached via a single bolt which has shown a tendency to snap.

Bottom Line:
    This seatpost came stock with my 2003 Giant NRS Air. The seat attaches to the post via 1 bolt which is the problem. My buddy and I bought the exact same bike and last season (2004) he had is seat break-away 2 times - both times the bolt snapped. He just went with a different seatpost. This weekend (2005), after riding for almost 1 year (26+ races) my seat broke away as well - again with the bolt snapping. I will be going with a different seatpost and would not recommend this seatpost.

Bike Setup:   Stock 2003 Giant NRS Air

Submitted by SDizzle a Cross Country Rider from Boulder

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2003

Strengths:    Light, seemingly strong

Weaknesses:    Clamp durability isn't great. Apparently, after some warranty issues, the problem was solved. Too much contact between the clamp cradle and the binder bolt took its toll on mine, though.

Bottom Line:
    This post was awesome until it broke. Light, stiff, and with a good clamping action. On the way out of my favotire trail the other day, though...SNAP! The binder bolt broke at the cradle. I'll see what Titec has to say before really holding anything against them. Chances are they'll fix me right up.

Nothing that breaks is really any good, but it was an awesome value.

Purchased At:   Titec

Similar Products Used:   Kore, other Titecs, Bontrager

Bike Setup:   SS Chameleon, Z1 SL, big Avids, lots of Titec bits

Submitted by Bobby a Cross Country Rider from katy, tx usa

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2002

Strengths:    This post seems quite solid, and looks pretty trick with the flaming X-wing logo on it. I have a black one, and it has performed flawlessly.

Weaknesses:    only one minor thing: the satin type finish on the post rubbed a bit of the aluminum off my seat-tube, which was only noticeable when I tried to put my DH seatpost (which has a smooth finish) on my bike. Otherwise, no problems

Bottom Line:
    This post is great for all around use, probably not for the extreme DH crowd, but it works for me. The other X-wing post that is reviewed above this one somehow got crappy reviews, but I have experienced no such problems with my post. It must have been a different production line or something. Anyways, solid post, cheap, looks cool, clamps tightly. No problems structurally.