Titec Knock Post Seatpost

4.86/5 (7 Reviews)
Weight : 315 grams MSRP : $76.95

This KnockRated™ seatpost redefines the meaning of tough! The backset & oversized forged alloy ‘Hawk’ clamp bites hard into saddle rails for slip-proof performance, and the ultra-smooth nickel-plated 7075-T6 Aluminum shaft resists scratches, making frequent seat height adjustments a breeze, instead of a problem!
  • Material: 7075-T6 Heat Treated Aluminum
  • Offset: 25mm (1")

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Rubicon73

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2012

Strengths:    Strong, doesnt creak, and stays where I set it.

Weaknesses:    Maybe heavy?

Bottom Line:
    I weight ~220 lbs and this seatpost never creaks or loses adjustment. Bought cheap too so works great and is a heck of a value.

Submitted by Scott a Cross Country Rider from Green bay

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2006

Strengths:    No creaks! I weigh 225 and there's not a sound out of the thing. It's strong, I've fallen many, many times and it's barely scratched.

Weaknesses:    None. Well, it might be a little heavy if you care about such things (i.e. the typical XC rider), but a few grams when you have my big butt on the bike is meaningless. I need something that won't creak like an old rocking chair (I'm looking at you, Bontrager select!), or break like a twig.

Bottom Line:
    If you're big and heavy like me, this post is good for you. 5 Flaming Fish from me!

Favorite Trail:   Anyplace Outside

Purchased At:   beyondbikes.com

Similar Products Used:   Crappy Bontrager seat posts.

Bike Setup:   Trek fuel 80, mostly stock.

Submitted by Martin a Weekend Warrior from Edmonton

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2004

Strengths:    No creaks, set it and forget it,f@#king strong

Weaknesses:    well, I guess its heavy compared to my Thompson.

Bottom Line:
    I crashed on the DH course in Kamloops so hard that it bent the seat rails of my SDG 90 degrees, I looped the bike and hit the ground doing 40 and the seat was the first thing to hit. I weigh about 200lb and the seat post is still perfectly straight. I would not have blamed the post if it had bent or even snapped, heck I was expecting it to do that, I'm sure my Thompson would not have survived.

Favorite Trail:   Mt Seymour/cbc bogeyman

Similar Products Used:   Thompson (also very good), Syncros (cracked), cheap titec (bent), Kalloy cro mo(bent), old '87 IRD, old Suntour XC(very classic)

Bike Setup:   04 Joker, breakout plus 1.5

Submitted by Jay from Tempe, AZ

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2003

Strengths:    price (sale for nickel plated 350mm version), seat adjustment design; warranty (3 yrs - free replacement)

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
    Ordered on Tuesday, arrived Friday, looks good and has similar clamp/adjustment like a Thomson. Hit trails pretty hard - no creaks, no feeling of insecurity, etc... With a 3 yr warranty - how can you beat this? Others already exercised the warranty and Titec delivered. My 30.9mm x 350mm nickel plated one was $25 + shipping - you can't get junky seatposts for the price of this high quality one (bummer if you want black - its ~ $75). If you want a strong post - DH rated- with a warranty - this is the one.

Favorite Trail:   National in Phx

Purchased At:   titec.com

Similar Products Used:   ritchy - last for years, but finally bent

Bike Setup:   97 FSR Elite, Z1 Bombers

Submitted by Anthony a Weekend Warrior from Ft Mcmurray, AB, Canada

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2002

Strengths:    Strong, durable fnnish, adjustable

Weaknesses:    Taper at the top doesn't allow it to be lowered all the way down.

Bottom Line:
    Very strong and does not scratch after adjusting hight. But the taper at the top keeps it about 1.5-2" above collar. Also had to cut mine to accomodate interrupted seat tube. 4 and 4 for being strong and stubborn.

Bike Setup:   San andreas DHS, Z5 5", Stratos Helix pro.

Submitted by Bob from Bobville, Bobonia, USA

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2002

Strengths:    STRONG, STRONG, did I mention STRONG
    Oh, it has a good clamp too.

Weaknesses:    Too short (for my new bike)

Bottom Line:
    This post is strong, have I stressed that enough?
    I did bend one, but it was totally my fault. But they replaced it! That's part of the deal, they second-dayed one to me as soon as they recieved my bent one.

If you bend posts, get one.
    If it were $200 I'd still give it 5 flaming rat carcasses for value because I won't have to buy another post for at least three years, and I doubt I'll bend one again.

Favorite Trail:   ?

Purchased At:   Racers Edge

Similar Products Used:   You name it, I've probably tried it and bent it.

Submitted by Wayne a Downhiller from nottingham, uk

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
    This is the seatpost that I bought to replace my X-lite Clikon.I have used it now for 18 months and I can not find a single fault with it. The clamp is a bit fiddley to use yet it holds tighter than a wrestler death grip, works with oversize saddle rails and looks great.
    The nickle finish on the post lasts well and looks good on most bike.
    If I could I would give this post a 10

Favorite Trail:   sssshhhh. It's a secret

Purchased At:   cycle city

X POST: Is this a cheap DHX Ti Chinese knock off ?

[IMG]http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/868/medium/CA280716.jpg[/IMG] They say it was customed made by Fox but I haven`t seen them around. Weighs in at 343g.:confused:Read More »