Tahoma Alloy 6061 Seatpost Seatpost

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Just the basics from Tahoma. 6061 forged aluminum head and clamp are durable, yet won't weigh you down. Dual bolt clamping mechanism securely holds your seat and is simple to adjust.

Submitted by Jimmy Chan a Cross Country Rider from South Coogee, New South Wales, Australia

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2005

Strengths:    A strong & well-made seatpost for the dollar value. The dual bolt clamping mechanism is firm and effective.

Weaknesses:    Absolutely none!

Bottom Line:
This has to be one of the best seatposts I have used in a long time. My initial feelings were one of suspicion, especially for a brand that I knew nothing about. The price I paid was definitely appealing. This seatpost cost me $5.50 which was 72% off the RRP!

At 350 mm long and 320 gm in weight this seatpost performs comparably to other high-end models. The zero offset design gives me adequate saddle adjustment with the extra bonus of added strength. Unlike the Easton EA70, the clamp and dual bolt feature on the Tahoma is extremely secure and does not permit "saddle creep". Incidentally, that EA70 is now in the trash where it will remain.

This seatpost has performed faultlessly in every aspect. I cannot understand how a $130 seatpost could be better! Sure, the Tahoma is probably 100 gm heavier than the top models but why would the extra 100 gm bother me when I've got a heavy pack on my back. I have found value for my money in this seatpost and I would defy anyone who can raise a legitimate complaint about the Tahoma Alloy 6061 Seatpost. Try it out and if you don't like it then you've only lost a few bucks.

Favorite Trail:   The Oaks Fire Trail

Purchased At:   Jenson USA

Similar Products Used:   Easton EA70 & other generic brands.

Bike Setup:   Cannondale F1000 Hardtail.

Submitted by JP from Kinnear's Mills

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2004

Strengths:    Quite light, cost nothing, fit well, hold well, look well (plain shiny machined aluminium!), It don't hurt to cut it if necessary, handle rough XC stuff very well, never had any problem with it!

Weaknesses:    None! Except that it is aluminium so don't expect any dampening!

Bottom Line:
You are in rough XC and have a tough ass? Don't waste your money! If you don't care to have brand names printed on every parts of your bike and you need light, low priced seatpost that hold your saddle in place (that is what it should do)then go get one!

Favorite Trail:   Long trips on path to nowhere