Syncros Titanium Seatpost Seatpost

4.47/5 (17 Reviews)
Weight : 190g MSRP : $175.00

• A pillar of strength. Custom-drawn from seamless Ti3Al2.5V titanium alloy aerospace tubing, our Ti pillar promises a noticeably plusher and cushier ride in even the most gruesome and rocky terrain.
  • Pure speed. Twin-jacking bolt design means true micro-adjustment of your saddle without any teeth on your rails. So you're optimally positioned to grind away the competition without grinding away your rails.
  • There's more. A clamping mechanism designed to maximize contact area with the saddle. Because you need to keep a grip when you're landing massive air.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by gert a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2014

Strengths:    very light, set it and forget it, wont rust, hard to scratch

Bottom Line:
    I bought my Syncros Ti seat post in 1996 when I was assembling my bike and it is still going strong!!!!!. I selected it because of how light it was. I was trying to assemble the lightest bike I could afford. You absolutely cannot go wrong buying one. It is very light and my fat butt has not broken or bent it yet. (200lbs +/-) I need to get new stickers for it but thats it. It would be very hard for you to tell how old it is because the Ti does not scratch easily. When I get new seats I am able to adjust the seat exactly how I want it to be. So far my Giant carbon frame (showing its age now) and Syncros seat post are the only things on my MTB that hasnt worn out. I use mine for cross country and city riding stop looking at reviews and buy it!

Favorite Trail:   Rowlett Creek Preserve

Duration Product Used:   18 years

Purchased At:   Peddler bike shop Me

Submitted by mark dunn a Cross Country Rider from portland OR

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2009

Strengths:    No issues - tighten (correctly) and forget it!Bike bling at its' best! Ti tubing is less suspect to scoring from a seat tube. If it does get scratched, it can be buffed out nicely.

Bottom Line:
    I have used this since 1995! - it has seen 3 different frames. I am 175 lbs and just do CC riding. It seems a bit more "supple" than Aluminmum for taking the edge off - especially on hard tails or soft-tails. I dont think Syncros has made these for years. This is vintage and legit - still cooler than a new Moots or Kent Erickson post. If you can find on ebay or used sites - get it!

Favorite Trail:   Eastern Oregon

Purchased At:   N/A - came with bike

Similar Products Used:   Thompson - which is super nice.

Bike Setup:   I dont think you really care

Submitted by Anthony Paz from Escondido

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2008

Strengths:    Light, Strong, Looks killer, Adjustability

Weaknesses:    Bit heavy by todays standards

Bottom Line:
    I've used this same seat post for over 14 years now. No complaints, never needed to readjust or anything. I would buy it again if I needed to, but I don't. No rust or anything, still perfect. Its been well used that the only thing is that the syncros letters going down the side are a little faded towards the collar...who cares really. Syncros kicks ass!

Favorite Trail:   Noble Canyon

Purchased At:   Colorado Cyclist

Similar Products Used:   crappy aluminum

Bike Setup:   Zaskar, XTR, Puls, Mavic, Syncros, SID

Submitted by Sean a Cross Country Rider from Evergreen, CO USA

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2003

Strengths:    Twas nice while it lasted

Weaknesses:    Snapped at the clamp landing a pretty routine waterbar

Bottom Line:
    This post appeared to be very well constructed and looked beautiful too. I rode it pretty hard for several years and just this last weekend on a routine ride it failed at the clamp. Lucky for me the failure was not catastrophic so I did not go down - the tubing just crimped right about the clamp and held together long enough for me to come to a stop.

Come to think of it I seem to remember the instructions that came with it suggesting it was a racing part and was only expected to last for a season or two. That tubing was THIN.

Purchased At:   130

Bike Setup:   Kona ti Hei Hei with XTR and Zoke Atom Bomb

Submitted by mike b a Cross Country Rider from Sodom in the North

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2001

Strengths:    seemingly indestructable
    you can feel the smoothness of ti at work, especially if you're on a hard tail
    range of adjustability

Weaknesses:    difficult to reach front adjustment bolt

Bottom Line:
    i've owned two of these posts. i've been fortunate enough to recieve one free and the other practically free. otherwise, i'm just a poor warehouseman who works hard for his bike stuff.

these posts indeed do take some of the edge off of the bumps. i had one on my old steel karakoram after i took the control tech off. on fire roads with high frequency braking bumps, you really can feel the difference. i would'nt buy anything with a syncros label on it nowadays, but i am blessed to have been able to use these gorgeous ti posts on two of the bikes i've owned in the past four years.

the front bolt on the post can be hard to reach with a three way or a multi tool, but that's a minor complaint. otherwise, i've experienced no problems. five stars.

Favorite Trail:   boggs

Purchased At:   gift from friend

Similar Products Used:   thomson post, another syncros ti, control tech and contless old-school cheapos

Bike Setup:   full suspension and lightweight

Submitted by Christopher Mallardi a Weekend Warrior from Tampa

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2001

Strengths:    Light weight, adjustability

Weaknesses:    None so far and I have used the post for over three years.

Bottom Line:
    An excellent post considering that I have it set up on my rigid Cannondale. I have a SDG Ti railed saddle mounted on top...I have to lube the contact areas between the saddle and the post every once in a while or else it begins to squeek very loudly.

Very easy to adjust the seat using the two allen bolts. Probably not the best post choice for a clydesdale like me (220#) but it has held up fine.

A bit expensive but a good way to drop weight from the top of your bike.

Similar Products Used:   Thompson OEM post

Bike Setup:   Cannondale M800 "Beast of the East" rigid bike

Submitted by BG a Cross Country Rider from Raleigh, NC, USA

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2001

Strengths:    Light, strong, functional, good looks

Weaknesses:    $$$$

Bottom Line:
    If you're willing to pony up the beans for this seatpost I don't think you'll be disappointed. I bought it primarily for weight and strength. I thought that the Ti would dampen vibrations somewhat, but honestly I didn't notice anything. Maybe I'm not that astute. Still, I've been riding it for ~5yrs and have never had a problem with it breaking or the seat slipping. It's still as light as ever, and I just cleaned it up to move it over to my new bike and it looks like new despite the years of use and my lackluster skills, plus plenty of wet, muddy riding (no corrosion). I imagine most of the highend Ti seatposts are very comparable...this happens to be the one I have.

Similar Products Used:   No-names, Ritchey Expert

Bike Setup:   Trek Al hardtail ('95 vintage), 2001 Specialized FSRxc Comp

Submitted by Kenny Adams a Cross Country Rider from Coronado, CA

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2001

Strengths:    Super light, looks racey, clamping mech is easy to adjust and holds good, long enough for taller riders, comes in 31.6

Weaknesses:    Price, if you pay retail.

Bottom Line:
    I have no had no problem so far with this post. As I said, it's light, strong, and the way the post clamps to the seat is simple and very efective. It looks great to boot. The Titanium doesn't flex more or less than my last post, if it does it's not noticeable. Seems like vibrations were cut down some though. If I have any problems in the future I will do another review. Good post!

Similar Products Used:   ICON Series post

Bike Setup:   Y2K Trek 8000 SLR, Klein Stratum flat bar, TIME Atac's, Conti Exp Pro's

Submitted by Vincent a Weekend Warrior from Sunnyvale, CA

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2001

Strengths:    Light, flexible, just the right length for my bike, and good range on the clamp.

Bottom Line:
    Very nice post that has survived through numerous crashes. Light and durable. There are very few seatpost of this quality.

Favorite Trail:   Bear Mountain

Purchased At:   Supergo

Similar Products Used:   Titec Carbon, Thomson Elite

Bike Setup:   K2 5000 with Smart Shock, Shimano XT/XTR, Kore Elite, Mavic Crossmax, Hutchinson Python

Submitted by Tim Osterhaus a Downhiller from Aurora Il

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2000

Strengths:    This thing takes abuse. Very light weight and after alot of water rides there is still no corrosion. Great length for taller riders.

Weaknesses:    Save your allowance!!!!

Bottom Line:
    If you put alot of abuse on your bike from jumps and such this will take all the punichment. You will not have to worry about this snapping on landing. Those who have sat on the rear tire while in motion know what I am talking about. Seat removal is easy to perform also. This is a must for hardcore riders that do alot of jumps

Favorite Trail:   If it is downhill I like it

Similar Products Used:   WTB

Bike Setup:   Gary Fisher Joshua Z-0, XTR brakes, shifters, synchros seat post, siguni drivetrain

Submitted by Alex a Cross Country Rider from Barbours

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2000

Strengths:    Sweet- Light sucks up vibration

Bottom Line:
    I like sucking up the small stuff as my ti bike carbon wheels shows. The Syncros seatpost is well made, light and since putting it on my bike I have always smiled at it!

Similar Products Used:   Thomson, Dura-ace, campy, XTR

Bike Setup:   Merlin extra light, CK headset, ibis ti stem, Dura-Ace, Spingeries

Submitted by Robert Clark a Cross Country Rider from Denver, Colorado, United States

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2000

Strengths:    Vibration limiting, Lite

Weaknesses:    Mine broke on my Road bike under little to no stress on a mountain descent at 50mph. Syncros has made no effort to warrenty or even return emails.

Bottom Line:
    This seatpost worked well for a while on both Mt and Road bikes. Recently the post on my road bike broke at the seat binder desending on a mountain road at 50mph and almost killed me. After contacting Syncros by email a couple of times over the past week or so still no reply. Makes me very nervous about the post on my Mt bike. Also if syncros doesn't do anything to help I wouldn't buy any of their products again.

Favorite Trail:   Amasa Back Singletrack option

Bike Setup:   Obed with Marz. Z-2, Race Face, ESP, Avid Arch Suprime
    Road Bike (pretty boring as all are)

Submitted by Chris a Cross Country Rider from Houston,Tx

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2000

Strengths:    Durability, light weight, easy seat angle adjustment

Bottom Line:
    This was the first modification I made on my first mountain bike, an early 90's Stumpjumper. It has been on three cracked S-works carbon frames, one litespeed Ocoee that was hit by a Nashville cop and now my Moots YBB. I do notice side to side flex but I am 6'0 175# on a 18.5 frame so the post is fully extended. This same flex helps to isolate vibration and shock and when I do 50+ miles on the road bike I switch it over. As far as value goes I paid $107 and if it failed today I would purchase another. Realistically I will never need to replace it.

Favorite Trail:   Bull Creek, Austin

Bike Setup:   Moots YBB, XTR, flux capacitor

Submitted by T a Cross Country Rider from København

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2000

Strengths:    Great quality, great looks, hardwearing - still looks like new after four years of use.

Weaknesses:    Expensive. It has got a slight dent at the clamping, but that might be my fault. Be careful not to overtighten the clamp.

Bottom Line:
    I must admit that I didn't notice any big change in the way my bike handled despite the large reduction in weight (of my wallet, mind you).
    I never had any technical problems with this product, but the real reason for buying it is the aestetichs and gorgeous quality. It is highly recommended for all bike-snobs like me.
    For some time I thought the post was creaking, but when I replaced my saddle, the creaking stopped. (Some other creaking sounds from the bike also originated from a different part than I thought in the first place. The annoying sound from the bottom bracket really came from an unsufficiently tight skewer on the rear wheel, and that nasty noise from the stem was made by an almost dry headset. Doing the bolts up really tight might not help if it's the wrong bolts, and it might make a tiny dent in your seatpost)