Ritchey Pro Carbon Seatpost

Weight : 180 grams MSRP : $83.99

The Ritchey Pro Carbon Post is a strong postThat features a wide saddle clampThat reducesThe stress on your saddles rails and itsTwo-bolt design allows for quick and easy adjustment.Two piece construction: monocoque carbon shaft bondedTo forged 6061 alloy headTwo-bolt design andTextured clamp surface for easyTo adjust, vise-like grip Low profile clamp wont bottom out on saddle Wide saddle clamp reduces stress on lightweight saddle rails Material: Carbon/6061 Cradle: 43x38 Offset: 25mm Publishe

Submitted by James

Date Reviewed: July 6, 2013

Strengths:    Strong, nice looking that is all

Weaknesses:    Harsh and heavy.

Bottom Line:
Installed this on my wilier GT. Harsh!! Can feel every tiny road imperfection and it sores my bottom even with Bontrager Evoke RXL saddle (suppose to b a very comfy saddle). Changed saddle, Switch to wider tyres.... no u know somethng is not right. Finally decided to ditch it amd switched to FSA sb25 k-force seat pole. Heaven and Earth.

Similar Products Used:   FSA K-Force Sb25, 3T Dorico Limited

Bike Setup:   Wilier Gran Turismo with Red Wind XLR 50mm

Submitted by az29okg a Cross Country Rider from Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2010

Strengths:    Nice to have a carbon fiber seatpost

Weaknesses:    I've noticed a creaking coming from my seatpost area. The creaking seems to go away when I replaced the Ritchy Carbon Pro seatpost with a 1996 Syncro Aluminum seatpost.

To stop the creaking noise, I've use the "gritty" paste (for use with carbon parts) and have slowly increased the seat post clamping strength by a quarter turn each time (starting with the clamp being loose enough for the seatpost to slide downwards - even with the "gritty" paste). Each time I tightned the clamp strength, the creaking noise disappeared for a few minutes, then returned. I only notice the creaking noise when seated and and it creaks more when I'm seated and going over rough surfaces.

Bottom Line:
The creaking noise has caused me to loose confidence in the use of this carbon fiber seatpost.

I've sent an email to Ritchey. I'll try to post back when they respond.

Bike Setup:   Stock seatpost on my 2008 Norco Fluid 1.0

Submitted by Jeff Cornehls a Cross Country Rider from Australia

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2007

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    No spare partsd available

Bottom Line:
I can not use my seat post which retails for $189 AUD since I lost the shim that goes between the seat and the seat post. I have tried to contact Ritchey on numerious occasions about getting a spare part, but their cstomer service is very, very, poor as these people never get back to you.

Bike Setup:   Norco Fireball