Race Face Turbine Seatpost

Attention to detail is what the Race Face Turbine Seatpost is all about. Every millimeter of the Turbine has been thought through for maximum durability with absolutely no extra weight.

Submitted by Todd a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2013

Strengths:    Looks great. Light weight. easy to ajust.

Weaknesses:    Noisey. Ajustment slippage.

Bottom Line:
Started out great! Looked awsome on bike and was not a lead pipe in the weight department. Used for about 6 months on XC bike until I had to swap it out for something else..............For some reason I would ajust my saddle angle and after 2-4 rides it would always "slip" a little bit so it was nose up slightly. Not a lot but enough that I could tell when the bike felt "different". I began keeping track of it with a level and everytime it would "slipped back to the same location. Weird. The straw that made the camel go WTF?! was that it developed an anoying creeeking/clicking noise at the top end linkage. I tried cleaning, lubing, re-torqing (always used torque wrench to specs when ajusting), all to no avail. It just drove me nuts with the noise and re-ajusting.

What is weird is I have the less expensive original Evolve post (same basic design) on another bike that has been flawless. I put a Truvativ on the bike and it's been solid with no noises.

Favorite Trail:   Holdridge Lakes

Purchased At:   Online retailer

Similar Products Used:   XTR, Syncros, Thompson, Easton, Control tech, etc....

Bike Setup:   2012 Titus X, Reba, XT drivetrain, Avid BB7 brakes, Vuelta Superlite Wheels, WTB Velosiraptor frt/Kend Excavator rr,

Submitted by mike tolin a Cross Country Rider from kentucky

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2011

Strengths:    decent weight,really easy to adjust saddle,looks really good

Weaknesses:    none really

Bottom Line:
I was just looking for a decent good looking saddle to replace my stock heavy crappy looking one. I like this one a lot it looks great and very easy to adjust.

Favorite Trail:   cherokee park