Race Face Next SL Carbon Seatpost Seatpost

Weight : 230grams MSRP : $177.49

The Next SL seatpost setsThe Low profile rail clamps Forged & CNC machined 6061 aluminum head InfiniteTilt adjustment Rail clamp accommodates 7mm & 8mm rails .5" setback Next optimized carbonTube High strength 3K carbon weave Built for XC Length 400mm Approximate weight 230g

Submitted by Eric Malcolm

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2012

Strengths:    Light, Gives good ride comfort, east to install and adjust, like the trendy style that suited my bike build, got it cheap at a clearance price - less than its alloy equivalent.

Bottom Line:
I have this stem fitted to its maximum height and have experienced no problems - 83kg rider.
It has been observed from riders following me that it flexes from side to side in sequence to my pedal strokes, so I guess this is what makes it comfortable.

Submitted by spookyload a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2012

Strengths:    fairly cheap for a carbon post on ebay, sort of light, adjustment is a breeze

Weaknesses:    creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak, creak,

Bottom Line:
I want to like this post badly. I can't though as all I hear when I ride it is creaking from the adjustment pivots. I thought it was my saddle going bad so I bought a new one. Same exact creak. Lord save me from this noise! Called customer service and they offered no help except to try lubing the pivots.

Favorite Trail:   Any trail I have ridden in Germany

Duration Product Used:   1 year

Similar Products Used:   Thomson Elite, Enve carbon setback (awesome post if you can find ond)

Bike Setup:   Rocky Mountain Vertex RSL

Submitted by PainkillerSPE a Racer from NC

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2010

Strengths:    Light, strong, and easily adjustable

Bottom Line:
I have put this seatpost through a year of XC racing and riding and have had no trouble what so ever. It's still going strong. The adjustments this seatpost offers is amazing and allows you to quickly and accurately dial in a comfortable riding position. Adjusting the angle of the seat is a breeze and the degree indicator on the post really helps you find the right angle. I will purchase another if I ever need to.

Purchased At:   Chainlove

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Blur XC Aluminum

Submitted by swiss4ever a Cross Country Rider from Vevey, Switzerland

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2009

Strengths:    Weight, adjustability, design

Weaknesses:    Scale is vanishing

Bottom Line:
I've been riding on this post for the past 2 years, no problem or what so ever. needs a bit attention (cleaning) since carbon on carbon can lead to kind of hard to adjust seat height.
The only problem is that the scale is printed on the post and has vanished with the time, it's hard to find the exact position again. Else it's extremely stable, I'm pretty heavy 190 pounds.

Favorite Trail:   Alps!

Bike Setup:   Giant Trance Advanced, Formula Oro Puro, Sram Xo, XTR

which carbon Seatpost (syncross vs Noir t30 vs Next SL )

I'm looking for a good (not to exp.) carb. seatpost 27,2x400 to take the worst trailbuss for the forthcomming Giant24race i Denmark - riding a HT 29'er The choice stands between Syncross FL UD Carbon Seatpost (Bike-discount.de - 69€) Truvativ Noir T30 Seatpost (CRC 102€) Raceface Next SL Seatp ... Read More »