Race Face Evolve XC Post Seatpost

4.33/5 (6 Reviews)

Forged from 6061 aluminum, the seatpost head is incredibly strong & fatigue resistant. Patented head design is lightweight & distributes loads more efficiently than conventional seatpost head designs. Offers unprecedented adjustability - with infinite tilt adjustment completely independent from the fore/aft adjustment. The head accommodates 7mm & 8mm rails while providing 35mm of rail support. Oval tubing optimizes strength to weight ratio & provides consistently high strength throughout the length of the tube allowing you to clamp the post down at any height.

Submitted by Kmart a Weekend Warrior from Denver, CO

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2011

Strengths:    Great Design,Easy to Use, Cool looking, Light, Reliable

Weaknesses:    NONE

Bottom Line:
This design is so much easier to adjust than typical seatposts. I've never had it slip and after a little extra lube it's never made any noise either.
It is tough and light as well.
5 Chili's easy.

Favorite Trail:   Apex, Matt Winters, Hogback, Amasa Back

Purchased At:   Mojo Wheels

Similar Products Used:   Thompson Elite Setback

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz BLT. All Fox Squish, Maxxis Tires, Easton Wheels

Submitted by mecheng77 a Cross Country Rider from Toronto, ON

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2011

Strengths:    Easy to adjust angle, light, affordable, and looks great.

Weaknesses:    None, well its Made in Taiwan but for $50 I can't complain and the design is inovative.

Bottom Line:
Very easy to adjust seat angle, I haven't seen any other post with such a unique design. Doesn't slip and great value for the money.

Purchased At:   MEC

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager (stock) and it started slipping after 10 years of use so I can't complain. It was light but the teeth design is bound to fail.

Bike Setup:   Trek 6500

Submitted by Lew a Cross Country Rider from Live in China from UK

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2010

Strengths:    Strong, easy to adjust, very reliable.

Weaknesses:    Gets stuck in position if left on bike for many months without being adjusted. But that's from dirt not product weakness. Weight? There may be lighter less flexy posts available.

Bottom Line:
I've been using this post for a few years, its never let me down or slipped and annoyed me, even with average quality saddles doing no footed endos which puts huge strain on seat posts, (which is the reason I bought it after having snapped a couple of cheapo posts), when I was 200lbs (90KG or more).

The clamp on to the rails is great, a good sturdy design, using a good regular size hex key, not some small one or the stupid star hex key, and the adjustment when new is easy with a collar design which does clog and needs to be freed with WD40 if adjusting after months in one position.

The design probably adds a few grams compared to other posts, and in my diameter (for Giant XTC (30.8?)) does not flex very much.

There may be lighter less flexy posts for the money, but I've never tried one, and I'm quite happy to use it as long as it works.

Fine an reliable for anyone wanting to do XC. May even be tough enough for AM/FR/street too.

Similar Products Used:   OEM low/medium quality only

Bike Setup:   Hard-tail XC

Submitted by Tweezak a Cross Country Rider from Oregon, US

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2009

Strengths:    It was given to me with a frame I bought. It had been installed on another bike but never ridden. I like the separate angle and clamp setup. Nice design.

Weaknesses:    Flexy. I can look down and see it bowing.

Bottom Line:
Maybe in something other than 27.2 this seatpost would be fine but I just can't trust it. Just pedaling around in my street after setting up my new frame I can see it bowing. I only weigh 178 and I'm not over extending the post. The seat tube angle is 71 deg and I have the post clamped in the middle of the saddle rails. I'll be getting a Thomson.

Purchased At:   Full Cycles

Bike Setup:   Salsa Moto Rapido

Submitted by svmike a Weekend Warrior from houston, tx

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2009

Strengths:    super easy to make adjustments. Never had any trouble with bolts loosening or seat changing position even thought I put it through a good beating. Good value. Looks good.

Weaknesses:    I installed a new saddle the other night and found that I needed some lubricant to free up the angle adjustment. It wasn't corroded, just sticking. A quick squirt of wd-40 did the trick.
My post doesn't have the increment markings on it like the other guy posted :(

Bottom Line:
great range of adjustment and great bang for the buck

Favorite Trail:   the dirt kind

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   oem junk

Bike Setup:   two wheels, handlebars, seat, peddles

Submitted by Dirty Mac a Weekend Warrior from South Florida

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2009

Strengths:    Independent adjustment of fore/aft and angle adjustment. Not a single problem in 3 years.

Weaknesses:    Might not have enough angle adjustment on seat tubes that are slacker than 71 degrees.

Bottom Line:
The thing that makes this seat post so great for me is how easy it is to adjust. The angle adjustment is marked so its really easy to see how different angles feel. The separate adjustment for fore/aft and angle allows you to make changes to one that doesn't affect the other. All adjustments stay put under all kind of stress. I haven't had to readjust the settings in three years of hard all mountain riding.

I have a fairly slack seat tube and I am close to the limit of the angle adjustment. This might become an issue if your seat tube is less than 71 degrees.

I've seen this seat post for about $30 which I think is an excellent deal.

Favorite Trail:   Dupont Forest, NC & Tsali, NC