Powerpost Seatpost Seatpost

4.29/5 (7 Reviews)

Centerline Powerpost Seatpost

Submitted by Jerry Zaiden a Downhiller from Huntington beach CA

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2000

Strengths:    Strength, weight, This is a great product if you are not concerned about what other people think. This product "the power post XC/ EXTREME, is awsome! Once you ride with it, it is almost imposible to go back to a regular seat post. It will help you climb, and decend!

Weaknesses:    NONE, NONE!!!!!

Bottom Line:
A MUST HAVE!

Favorite Trail:   Top of the world, Luguna Bch, CA

Similar Products Used:   None like it!

Bike Setup:   Ventana Marble peak FS, 4" rear suspension, Marzochi Z 4" travle. Full Shimano XTR.

Submitted by Kevin kick your but Homaizad a weekend warrior from San Pedro CA. USA

Date Reviewed: July 27, 1998

Bottom Line:

NO MORE LOWERING YOUR SEAT!!!!! If ya go down the real stuff ya have to get off and lower your seat.Then get off and raise it again to climb a real hill.
NOT ME!!!! for the last 3 years ive been riding the powerpost extreme and man has it changed my position. I can ride down anything in the stow away position which practically moves my seat down and forward about 4 inches. No more knobies up the but,or seat pounding in my chest. Pure control and speed. hit the swithch
and im in a perfect hill climb position,another flip and im in a normal seat post position and the fourth position is recline for the fast fire trial stuff.
Let me tell everyone something this thing is awesome try to demo it for 2 or 3 rides and you'll I promise you'll be hooked.
I heard the company is back on track with great service and some new suspension post product that just got best overall and a maximum rating of five stars in there new product review of september 98' issue. Take a look. There stuff really looks sexy and works.

Submitted by Jon de Montagnac a weekend warrior from Torrance, CA

Date Reviewed: July 27, 1998

Bottom Line:

The Extreme Kicks butt! I have had the Powerpost Extreme for 4 years now. I have never had a problem with its operating features or weight when riding. I could say that I grew up riding the post. My very first mountain experience (outside of wimpy horse trail riding) was on an Extreme Powerpost. I considered myself at the the time a better than average rider. However, faced with difficult terrain, I was less than average in my assult. My experience with the Extreme Post has greatly increased my riding ability and confidence level by allowing me to control my bike better in the decent and climbs of more technical terrain. I seek out more exciting trails because of the post. I can dramatically lower my center of gravity during radical decents; move at least 3 inches more forward during climbs while maintaining proper leg extension and optimum power transfer to the pedels; and on fast downhills, I can center myself over my rear tire for more control and speed. And as a bonus it looks COOL!!! What more can I ask for! I live for the ride... However I can't live without my post... VIVA LA Powerpost!!!!

Submitted by LEE BERGIN a racer from Eagan MN

Date Reviewed: April 20, 1998

Bottom Line:

I can't say enough about the bio-mechanical advantages gained with the forward/up climbing position and back/down downhill position. I've got a ton of miles on both the extreme model and XC model. The post mechanisms on both models have taken alot of abuse and still perform flawlessly even as the bushings loosen with wear. I've broken cables twice though. The handlebar mounted switch and cable should be redesigned to be smoother, stronger, and servicable! The XC model is lighter and easier to find the climbing position without overshooting forward and down to the top tube (this can be a suprise at top speed at the base of a hill) because the XC post doesn't go all the way forward and down to the stowaway position like the Extreme model.I've raced them both in sport/Expert class local events on a Carbon Trek 9900. Sure, I'm super gram conscious, but the advantages way outweigh the disadvantages. And yes, I've received some strange looks from other riders too..... as I blow past them on the climbs! I didn't get a chance to see Greg Lamond's face.... as I climbed past him in last year's Chequamegon 40.I heard that Centerline Sports was working on a suspension model. I'll just stick to the fixed position models. I bought the XC model from Trevor Oxborrow in Laguna CA. I understand that he purchased the remaining stock of fixed posts and is selling them off. (714) 494-5645I hope they can take it the next step further.

Submitted by Dave W. a cross-country rider from Pa

Date Reviewed: March 31, 1998

Bottom Line:

I have this post on my SVA1000, it's a clever design, well built and gives
flexibility of positions. Downside... it's heavy, my bar shifter broke and
I had a time getting parts. Nothing on this comes off a bike or hardware
shelf....the company is slow to respond and I'm not sure they're still in
business. After 3 years the pivots are loosening and I move positions
manually with a shifter I rigged myself. Sooo....for two hundred + bucks,
this innovative idea will probably end up on my parts shelf, collecting
dust, while I'm riding a 14.00 Kalloy Uno......too bad....the design gets
5 chilies, the customer service gets none

Submitted by Josh Finkler a cross-country rider from champaign, il

Date Reviewed: November 6, 1996

Bottom Line:

i just picked up a used bike that had the powerpost extreme on it. i was pretty skeptical about it. it's kind of heavy for a seatpost (then again, i'm kind of heavy for a human), but i figured i'd give it a try. and i must say, this thing is great! not only does it give you three different positions for climbing, just riding, and descending, but it also has a stow-away position that pivots the seat forwards and down to just over the top-tube. i like to do a lot of trials-oriented riding in town and sometimes on the trail, and this position gets the seat completely out of the way. normally, if you just drop the seat, the rear part of the seat still interferes with really high lofts/broncos/etc., but with the stowaway position, it's just completely out of the way. way to go power post! i have no idea what these things cost these days, but if you can get ahold of one and like having seating options, this is the way to go. oh, nice finish and all that; rather attractive, if a bit weird.

Submitted by Bob Geyer a cross-country rider from Asheville, NC

Date Reviewed: August 5, 1996

Bottom Line:

Ok. You're gonna laugh. This is a seatpost that changes position - front and back. There are three positions: forward for climbing, normal, and way back (and down) for downhills. A bar-mounted switch allows you to switch.

Thing is, it works! Moving into the climbing position, I shifted up three gears to use the same amount of effort. The downhill position is where you usually are when you get your butt behind the seat, risking knobsinthebutt.
But you're sitting down! Your center of gravity is lower and further back than normal, but you're still parked on your seat. Way more control!

Down side is, this sucker is heavy. If you're a gram counter, don't even think about it. But, I can climb so much better with this thing that the weight is way irrelevant.

Other down side is, if you're concerned about what other people think of you, don't get this thing, 'cause people are gonna make fun of you for having such a wierd, geeky thing.

The rest of you, this is definately worth checking out! Would be 5 stars if it were lighter.

Thudbuster ST Seatpost - New and old elastomer - differencies ?

:) Hi all , i just ordered the short travel post :) . While waiting for it to arive on my door step , i searched the net some more . Found out , that the new elastomers are made of natural rubber - and are all black in color. The "old" ones were made of MCU and were different color , de ... Read More »

Inbred seatpost length?

Hello everyone, I just picked up a 18" Inbred frame in the 26" wheel size. I need to get a seatpost for the bike but am unsure what length I should get. I am 5'11" and have about a 34" inseam. Can anyone tell me if a 350mm seatpost is long enough? ThanksRead More »

seatpost collar 2012 Anthem X 29er

What is the outside diameter of the seattube on a 2012 Anthem X 29er? I need to get a new seatpost collar.Read More »

Seatpost - 27.2 vs. 27.3

I've got a '98 YBB that I built up from a purchased frame. I cheaped out on the seatpost and got a generic post and quick-release clamp in size 27.2mm. It's all but impossible to get it tight enough, so I'm wondering if I just need a "better" post in size 27.2 or do I need a 27.3, which I see is s ... Read More »

Seatpost connecting pin

Please help me find this part: [url]http://reviews.mtbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/kcnc_pin.jpg[/url] So I'm venturing myself to build my own Seatpost, I already have pair of Ti bolts/ home made carbon cradle/Carbon tube its in the mail, Yokes I know were to find...but this little guy I ju ... Read More »